Hide
5 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of Scene clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tibbles von tibbleton
msg tools
Playing my first solo game now with 4 runners, I have a question how the End of Scene sequence works:

I killed the last obstacle during P1's turn. If I understand the rules correctly, starting from the player to P1's left (P4), each player heals 1hp and may purchase 1 Black Market Card. Next, new obstacles come out (in my case, 3 hard, 2 normal), and play begins with the first player to buy a card (P4).

So, my question is, when is the round over?
A. Rounds are still based on P1, thus the round is over right after P4 goes. Ie, that round was only 1 player turn and I get smacked by 4 new Obstacles and a new Crossfire right away.
B. Rounds are still based on P1, but this P4's turn was a freebie due to end of scene. Ie, the round ends after P4 goes for the second time and I get 5 turns.
C. P4 is now considered the start player for scene 2 and I take 4 turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why you say that the player left on P1 is P4, usually, you play clockwise, so the player on the left should be P2. For this example's sake, let's say we play closkwise and the order is P1 - P2 - P3 - P4.

If the last obstacle is killed by P1, you do the end of scene stuff, including burying the Crossfire card.

The next scene begins with P2 and you draw the new obstacles to face the runners. But you do not draw a new Crossfire until the next round, ie when it's P1's turn again, so in the current round, P2, P3 and P4 will have normal turns with the bonus of not having to deal with the Crossfire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gubisi Róbert
Hungary
Székesfehérvár
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think P1's left not P4 but P2.
P2 starts to heal and buy staff and after the other runners. Finishing these steps P2 starts the new scene and his/her turn and draws obstacles.
If P2 has the crossfire deck a new crossfire card should be revealed after placing obstacles.
If P3, P4 or P1 has the crossfire deck just continue the game as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gubisi Róbert
Hungary
Székesfehérvár
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faster!

No_Frets wrote:
I'm not sure why you say that the player left on P1 is P4, usually, you play clockwise, so the player on the left should be P2. For this example's sake, let's say we play closkwise and the order is P1 - P2 - P3 - P4.

If the last obstacle is killed by P1, you do the end of scene stuff, including burying the Crossfire card.

The next scene begins with P2 and you draw the new obstacles to face the runners. But you do not draw a new Crossfire until the next round, ie when it's P1's turn again, so in the current round, P2, P3 and P4 will have normal turns with the bonus of not having to deal with the Crossfire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
msg tools
Ahh, yeah, that's the trouble with starting a game too late at night. I came back to remove the question, but you guys beat me to it.

I threw myself off, because the player card to the left is P4, but I'm supposed to be thinking of them as sitting in a circle and the player to the left is the next player clockwise, P2.

I came close to beating it, but got a critical with 2 obstacles left in Scene 3. Time to read the abort rules, this time with the correct left player
...Yay, abort successful with 1 runner with 1 hp left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.