$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » General

Subject: What's the thematic reason for adding crystals at the start of the battle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only reason that I can think is scouting the area better, but maybe that's not it? I wish the manual would give more flavour and explain things like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had this conversation already:

Thematic link between battles and crystals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
The only reason that I can think is scouting the area better, but maybe that's not it? I wish the manual would give more flavour and explain things like that.

Answered this on the other thread. Effectively, the factions are discovering more crystals, so are doubling down to fight more. Somewhat like fightin over Norh Africa for oil reserves in WW2.

We do various elements of time dilation in the game for the sake of making the game playable. So, you create a battle, but don't resolve it until later in the round. In the fiction, the soldiers didn't shout "pause!" Focus less on when the Crystal is added, and more on: this region is very valuable, and swarming with enemies. We need another offensive.

I referenced avatar and I'll do so again. It's A movie I really like. The final battle scene is because the humans are trying to cut off the N'avi for their...crystals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
borsook wrote:

Answered this on the other thread. Effectively, the factions are discovering more crystals, so are doubling down to fight more. Somewhat like fightin over Norh Africa for oil reserves in WW2.

We do various elements of time dilation in the game for the sake of making the game playable. So, you create a battle, but don't resolve it until later in the round. In the fiction, the soldiers didn't shout "pause!" Focus less on when the Crystal is added, and more on: this region is very valuable, and swarming with enemies. We need another offensive.

I referenced avatar and I'll do so again. It's A movie I really like. The final battle scene is because the humans are trying to cut off the N'avi for their...crystals.

thanks again, I must confess I found Avatar really bland and remember almost nothing beside the terrible acting, I'll try to rewatch ii if it did inspire the action here at least partially.

And again thank you for the explanations, in my first game I forgot a few times to add the crystal because I did not understand why it was added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.