Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Venezuela
Caracas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I'm just reading the rulebook and I don't get the idea behind this sentence: "You don't refill your hand to six cards at the start of your turn"

The full text is this one: "Each player draws a card at the start of their turn. As the same goes on, your hand will shrink or grow. You don't refill your hand to six cards at the start of your turn"

Why six? Is there a hand limit?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Hexanauta wrote:
I'm just reading the rulebook and I don't get the idea behind this sentence: "You don't refill your hand to six cards at the start of your turn"

The full text is this one: "Each player draws a card at the start of their turn. As the same goes on, your hand will shrink or grow. You don't refill your hand to six cards at the start of your turn"

Why six? Is there a hand limit?

There is no hand size limit in the game, see Page 3 of the rules "5. Spend 1 Action to draw 1 card". It states there that there is no hand size limit.

The reason it says "don't refill your hand to six cards at the start of your turn" is because a lot of games such as this very often have some sort of rule that tells you to "draw to X cards" at the start (or end) of your turn.

The sentence you quoted isn't really needed, it's just there as a reminder.

The reason for six? The game set-up tells you to draw five cards and then the turn sequence (step 2) tells you to draw a card. So on the very first turn of the game, you would indeed have six cards in hand.

The "You don't refill your hand to six cards at the start of your turn" comment is there just as a reminder that this isn't always the case.

Hope that made sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.