Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so the previous Xia Legacy thread has devolved into a conversation about the evils of Legacy (and I inadvertently fed into that by repeatedly defending it) so I thought we should start another thread to have the conversation the OP of the other thread wanted to have and dig in a little further upon the idea.

So if you disagree with the concept of Legacy please leave this thread alone. There are plenty of threads around BGG for you.

All that being said what would some people like to see in a Legacy version of Xia? This is all nothing more than a pipe dream at this point. No tumors that it will happen or anything like that. Just a discussion about what would be neat to see.

A couple things I can think of right off the bat:
- A total planetary destruction event. Once during the course of the game I would want to see a planet wiped off the map leaving behind an Alderan style debris field.
- If a ship takes massive damage some sort of mechanism where a particular malfunction becomes a recurring problem that must be dealt with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wilson
United States
Maple Grove
MN
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great idea to create a new thread for it.

Someone else had a good idea to create a deck of cards that match the tiles to make it easier to shuffle and incorporate custom tiles. That idea would also be great for legacy where you could destroy the card for a tile but retain the tiles to play the game in a none-legacy way.

The Drift System is a great idea for legacy since each time you venture out, the system has a different configuration. The existing backstory complements the legacy mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pwyll dementia
msg tools
It depends om if you want it ot remove or add items.... You could could have new ship abilities, or have new npcs unlock. Or you could have a mess load of back up ships based on the models, once your ship gets destroyed you must buy a new ship..

You could put "global" events that change the alignment of planets, the galactic police decided to retake the evil planet... space battle (new ships or use the non used pc ships) pick a side destroy opposing ships...

personally i would love it to add more stuff than remove as you play..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have some boxes with additional and new tiles, but also like many legacy games their should packs of stickers that can be added on to mod existing tiles giving them other threats, other planets or space stations, ect.

New event cards, and new mission cards.

New starting powers for some of the ships (maybe not even improved but just different but allowing someone with the same starting ship to have more than once choice of powers to starts.

Drawing off of some of the fan creations...a box with a whole bunch of pieces reflecting an alien invasion, that exists in the game until someone in a game defeats the mothership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.