Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new rules awarding victory points based on cash on hand at end of game, I am assuming money should be kept secret to avoid AP during last few turns (particularly last bookkeeping phase). However, I couldn't find anything specific on this point in the Powering Up Rulebook.

Does anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris! The money is intentionally printed to be one-sided, that is, the backs of all of the bills in the game look the same.

This is so you can keep how much money you have hidden from other players. You're not required to, but I typically do when I play.

Thanks for playing TvE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
New rules change it from Stock value to cash on hand...... that's disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuttle757 wrote:
New rules change it from Stock value to cash on hand...... that's disappointing.

Stock value is still the largest component of scoring - cash on hand is a one-point difference (6 pts vs 5) in a 2p game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuttle757 wrote:

I playtested the expansion for Artana - trust me when I tell you that all the changes are 100% for the better!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:
Hi Chris! The money is intentionally printed to be one-sided, that is, the backs of all of the bills in the game look the same.

This is so you can keep how much money you have hidden from other players. You're not required to, but I typically do when I play.

Thanks for playing TvE!

D'oh, I use gaming chips so have never even looked at the supplied money, which would have made answer to my question obvious. Thanks for confirmation.

The changes in expansion have definitely improved the overall experience. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.