28.3% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find some of the barrier cards pretty confusing. I don't have specific examples at the moment (can look for some when I'm home) but some general questions:

1. If I fail a check to defeat a barrier, do I subtract the difficulty of the check minus my result and take that much damage?

2. If I fail a check to defeat a barrier, how do I know whether the barrier gets shuffled back into that location deck or is banished? (Obviously if the card says to banish it, I banish it. But what about other cases?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Undefeated barriers do not deal you damage unless they (or some other card) says otherwise.

Undefeated banes that came from a location deck get shuffled back into that location deck unless they (or some other card, or the rulebook as in the case of a villain) says otherwise.

I highly recommend A Guide For New Players for rules clarifications, and the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Guide v1.68 to explain the story and characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin's right on both counts.

Note however in RotR the barrier Ambush has been FAQ'd. It is always banished at the end of the encounter.

Ambush FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.