Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this in the rules questions yet so it might be obvious and I've been making things harder on myself. If an event causes you to flip up a damage or horror that states for the card to be resolved immediately and flipped down. Does the card get flipped down again or does it remain face up from the initial event text?

For example, you fail a horror check and it says flip a horror card face up. That card is revealed to be a minor shock. The card states resolve immediately and flip face down, but the horror check says to flip it face up. Does the minor shock go back down or stay up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You resolve the card as written. In the case of flipping a horror card face up, and that flipped up card is a "minor shock", you would resolve the card as written: resolve immediately and then flip it face down.

Some horror cards tell you to keep face up after resolving. Minor shock is not one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you have to 'flip up' an existing 'face down' card... shuffle all facedown cards and then flip one up randomly. Do whatever it says, which may include flipping it down again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Whenever you have to 'flip up' an existing 'face down' card... shuffle all facedown cards and then flip one up randomly. Do whatever it says, which may include flipping it down again.

I was just going to ask exactly the same question regarding this very situation - flip a card "face-up" and do what it says even if you have to flip it "face-down" again - but what if you have to flip more than one "face-up" as a result of some event, would you draw them all first then flip, or do it one at a time (which might result in a Minor Injury card coming up repeatedly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! I figured I was makin it too hard on myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Man... the card tells you to flip it down after resolving and you were asking if you should flip it down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thief Mnemonic

Texas
msg tools
The only silly questions are the ones that aren't asked.

I too had wondered if I was doing it right in my first play through as it was effectively a zero sum effect, which by the end of the play through I was VERY thankful for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wrong One wrote:
but what if you have to flip more than one "face-up" as a result of some event, would you draw them all first then flip, or do it one at a time (which might result in a Minor Injury card coming up repeatedly).

I do one at a time, though I do not think it explicitly says either way in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I select the correct number of cards and then flip them up in sequence. It makes more sense that way rather than having the same thing trigger multiple times, and I hate shuffling, so I don't want to randomise multiple times.

Also, when you are instructed to flip ALL your facedown Damage, and flipping one of your Damage cards forces you to draw an additional facedown Damage card, I do not flip the new one as part of the effect.

In essence, I treat all the 'flip multiple card' effects as determining which of them will flip, and then I flip them one by one. This seems the fairest and most logical method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.