Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » General

Subject: Xia for 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Gideon
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I've been looking at Xia for awhile now and I absolutely love the game concept and mechanics I've been seeing. The only thing that's keeping me from buying it is that it's usually just myself and my wife playing games together, and Xia requires 3-5 players. Is this a game that's possible to play 2 player or is it like Cosmic Encounter where you absolutely have to have a minimum of 3 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghouleon m wrote:
I've been looking at Xia for awhile now and I absolutely love the game concept and mechanics I've been seeing. The only thing that's keeping me from buying it is that it's usually just myself and my wife playing games together, and Xia requires 3-5 players. Is this a game that's possible to play 2 player or is it like Cosmic Encounter where you absolutely have to have a minimum of 3 players?

Totally playable with 2p. You'll just have less interaction than with 3p+. I recommend playing with house rules that get the NPC ships out quicker when playing 2p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only major problem with 2 player is that if one player gears up a combat ship and just keeps attacking it can be very hard for the other player to recover.

There are 2 player rules posted in the rulebook for the expansion; the big difference is that you count the NPCs as possible targets for missions that would normally target PC ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Cantwell

Central Point
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play Xia with 2 just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's a great 2 player game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1420550/value-2-player-play

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628248/whats-added-make-2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays just fine at 2 players and with the rules that will be coming out with the expansion it solos pretty well too. I actually am moving on from firefly as we like Xia better, even at 2p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.