$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my colleague at work & I tried Flight From Moria for the first time today... and won

Admittedly, I think we got a bit lucky with how cards came out of the encounter deck - like drawing both Trolls as shadow cards - but I wanted to check something.

We had Abandoned Tools come out of the encounter deck during the staging step & added another card as the Guard card, which was a Treachery (can't remember which one). Discarded it and now Tools was available to exhaust a hero to take it. My friend had Aragorn with Unexpected Courage attached so he took it.

Not long after that, the quest card that allows a hero with Tools to exhaust in the Refresh phase to place a resource token on it comes up. My friend saves Aragorn to exhaust in this phase then uses Unexpected Courage to do the same again for another token.

Next round, he does the same thing again & we win. I checked the wordings on the cards to check we hadn't done anything that was wrong but it didn't look like it.

Can someone confirm this use of UC and AT was indeed a good strategy ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that works just fine!

One thing I will point out though: when you said your friend saved Aragorn to use in the refresh phase, technically all cards ready at the beginning of the refresh phase. So it would actually look like: Aragorn gets exhausted for something during the turn, refresh phase hits, Aragorn readies and then you can use him to put on a token, exhaust UC, exhaust Aragorn again to put on another token, Aragorn spends the rest of the next turn exhausted until the refresh phase. Not a big deal but I thought it might be worth pointing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.