Hide
3 Posts

Claustrophobia» Forums » Rules

Subject: can you initiate combat more than once per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
msg tools
In the rules it says "a warrior can not begin to move, engage in combat, and then finish their move". But what if, at the start of your turn, a warrior is on the same spot as a troglodyte. Can he then attack the troglodyte, move to another tile, and the attack on that tile?

I'm guessing no. But i'm curious to hear what more experienced players think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssk0909 wrote:
In the rules it says "a warrior can not begin to move, engage in combat, and then finish their move". But what if, at the start of your turn, a warrior is on the same spot as a troglodyte. Can he then attack the troglodyte, move to another tile, and the attack on that tile?

I'm guessing no. But i'm curious to hear what more experienced players think

It's not so much what experienced players think as what the rules actually say. The sentence preceding the one you quoted says this:

rules wrote:
During their activation, a warrior can either move first and then engage in combat, or engage in combat first, then move.

Those are the only two possibilities, and the sentence you quoted doesn't change that. What it does do is clarify that the move and combat portions are unitary and can't be split up.

In other words, it was intended to make it clear that the kind of action you're asking about won't fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.