Subject: Solo - Drawing citizen cards in your starting three rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think I've got the solo game down pretty well but there's one thing I'm not sure of.

When you draw three (or one on game 5) resource cards into your tableau at the beginning of the solo game, and one (or more) are citizens, the rules state "they count as additional population points at the end of the game, without ever having to be fed or lost during the game".

Does this mean they only count at the end of the game, just like the two citizens on your luxury card, or do they contribute to your population throughout, potentially allowing you to draw a higher income at the end of each turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Simon!

They only count for the gameend (like the 2 on the luxury card).

Greetings
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I must say that it really makes the citizen a bum draw; I'd much rather have some grain/wood/stone to draw on throughout the game than a mere population boost at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
I must say that it really makes the citizen a bum draw; I'd much rather have some grain/wood/stone to draw on throughout the game than a mere population boost at the end.

During a feeding round, a person card can be discarded just like a grain card. So technically they are more versatile and thus better than grain cards.

EDIT: I doubt I have ever kept an early-drawn person card all the way to the end of the game for scoring. Between spending them as coins to get power cards, and spending them during feeding rounds to keep my population up, they are really hard to hold onto in the long run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
peakhope wrote:
Fried Egg wrote:

During a feeding round, a person card can be discarded just like a grain card. So technically they are more versatile and thus better than grain cards.

I'm not talking about cards in your hand, rather resource cards drawn into your starting tableau; something that only happens in the solo game. They can't be discarded like normal resource cards.

Hence, drawing citizens as one (or more) of these cards has no use until the end for scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
I'm not talking about cards in your hand, rather resource cards drawn into your starting tableau; something that only happens in the solo game. They can't be discarded like normal resource cards.

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.