Hide
7 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple different Control tokens per region possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard
msg tools
Can human scouting and airfield ability be applied to unoccupied regions controlled by other players (rulebook says an empty controlled region counts as unoccupied and thus seems eligible)? But the rulebook doesn't clarify when control tokens are removed and whether control markers of multiple players can be in one region. Any clarification is appreciated! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
alder99 wrote:
Can human scouting and airfield ability be applied to unoccupied regions controlled by other players (rulebook says an empty controlled region counts as unoccupied and thus seems eligible)? But the rulebook doesn't clarify when control tokens are removed and whether control markers of multiple players can be in one region. Any clarification is appreciated! :-)

As far as I understand it - yes these abilities can be used in this way and only one control marker, so the previous one has to be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Only one control marker (or none, initially) ever. Never two (or three! Or four!)

Occupied = Miniatures
Unoccupied = No miniatures

So, you can be both Unoccupied and Controlled, or Occupied and Controlled.

Control updates immediately. I move into an unoccupied region? I now control it. Swap tokens.

If the Humans use the airfield, etc? You immediately swap tokens.

All clear? If not, I'm here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
another question (2/3 players game): I move to a region with a trog party, no control token.
Trogs pop but there are no units controlled by another PLAYER so I put mu control token even if the battle has not been dealt with right? Thus, win or lose control, I control this region (with or without a nest as it is XD!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
another question (2/3 players game): I move to a region with a trog party, no control token.
Trogs pop but there are no units controlled by another PLAYER so I put mu control token even if the battle has not been dealt with right? Thus, win or lose control, I control this region (with or without a nest as it is XD!)

No. Whomever wins the Territory Control objective gets it. If the human player wins that, they place control. If the Trog NPC gets that, the human player must leave. No control token is placed. Any human controlled Control tokens are removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

No. Whomever wins the Territory Control objective gets it. If the human player wins that, they place control. If the Trog NPC gets that, the human player must leave. No control token is placed. Any human controlled Control tokens are removed.

Thanks for the anwer we played that wrong :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, if you move in and there's a battle token placed, the control markers aren't touched until the battle is resolved (even if it's, controlled by a different player who doesn't have plastic in there but instead there are Trog tokens that will pop when entered).

If there's no battle then it takes effect immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.