Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in Japan last week and found a Hobby shop in the Yokohama LaLaport Mall (close to Kamoi Station) selling KD miniatures. A first for me to see KD in a retail shop anywhere.

They had a good selection of KD miniatures... maybe 10-12 different figures in multiple quantities.
The asking prices were just about the website retail (‎¥2500/apx $25USD).

If anyone in Japan is looking for affordable single KD miniatures this is where I was:

Bunkyodo Hobby
文教堂ホビー

LaLaport Yokohama
4035-1 Ikonobecho, Tsuzuki Ward
Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture 224-0053
Japan

Not sure if Adam does business with a Japanese wholesaler or if the Japanese hobby shops are procuring from unscrupulous suppliers.

A quick viewing of the miniatures, price, and knowledge that Adam only sells direct makes me suspect the later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Randolph
msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems a little sketch this one store is retailing them. I haven't been buying from Kingdom Death for long, but the way it seems the only place to purchase them is on the website or the outrageous eBay prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick s
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Dude... highly suspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
DifferentPerson wrote:
Seems a little sketch this one store is retailing them. I haven't been buying from Kingdom Death for long, but the way it seems the only place to purchase them is on the website or the outrageous eBay prices.

He does have a few select retailers he sells a little stock to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
DifferentPerson wrote:

Not true. In the past there been 3 places which regularly carry Kingdom Death. The official site, CMON (not so much anymore, but some times), and Full Metal Planet in Japan (still carries new stock regularly). I've no idea if place this is connected with Full Metal Planet or if they are legit, but there is definitely official stock of most minis going to Japan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me feel a little better about my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sutherland
United States
Union City
Michigan
flag msg tools
cormor321 wrote:
DifferentPerson wrote:

Not true. In the past there been 3 places which regularly carry Kingdom Death. The official site, CMON (not so much anymore, but some times), and Full Metal Planet in Japan (still carries new stock regularly). I've no idea if place this is connected with Full Metal Planet or if they are legit, but there is definitely official stock of most minis going to Japan.

This is actually really cool to hear! I know it's a long shot, but a good friend of mine is over in Japan for a couple weeks right now. May have to shoot him a message and have him keep his eyes out while he's souvenir shopping!

EDIT: So my friend did in fact stop by the shop there just now, sent me some good pictures. The mini's there are most definitely the legit KD line from everything I saw. They had the full lines of pinups and promos there it looked like. Everything from the Messengers to the Black Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Saoshyant 4329 wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
DifferentPerson wrote:

This is actually really cool to hear! I know it's a long shot, but a good friend of mine is over in Japan for a couple weeks right now. May have to shoot him a message and have him keep his eyes out while he's souvenir shopping!

EDIT: So my friend did in fact stop by the shop there just now, sent me some good pictures. The mini's there are most definitely the legit KD line from everything I saw. They had the full lines of pinups and promos there it looked like. Everything from the Messengers to the Black Knight.

God DAMN it Japan! First Pearl Harbor and now THIS? Unacceptable. Someone call up the Enterprise and have Scotty beam that store over to the US right now!

...maybe we'll put it back...eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
Not sure it's suspect tbh.

Japan has a fairly hardcore group of modellers (not wargamers), so stocking up on KDM miniatures to sell them off as one-off models sounds like a sound business plan in Japan.

Judging from the website, it's a pretty serious store too, and considering it's in Yokohama...I'll be dropping by there next time I go home to see the family.

website: http://www.bunkyodo.co.jp/c/tenpo/BsHobby_lalaport.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KD minis are in the very back of the store in the wall display case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.