Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had several items come up while playing which were confusing for our group. Is there a list somewhere of which terms actually mean something, and which are just flavor text?

For example, we had a horror check with a monster that said something like "you flee in fear, suffer 2 horror, then flip 3 facedown Horror". Does the you flee in fear part mean you actually move away from the monster, or is it just flavor text?

We also have a lot of problems interpreting Evade results. When it says "forfeit your action" it makes sense, but many times it seems like even when you fail the check you still "successfully" evade since it doesn't say to forfeit your action. It would be nice if the app would say "you successfully evade the monster" or something to that effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
We've had several items come up while playing which were confusing for our group. Is there a list somewhere of which terms actually mean something, and which are just flavor text?

For example, we had a horror check with a monster that said something like "you flee in fear, suffer 2 horror, then flip 3 facedown Horror". Does the you flee in fear part mean you actually move away from the monster, or is it just flavor text?

We also have a lot of problems interpreting Evade results. When it says "forfeit your action" it makes sense, but many times it seems like even when you fail the check you still "successfully" evade since it doesn't say to forfeit your action. It would be nice if the app would say "you successfully evade the monster" or something to that effect.

When you evade, you do exactly what the text says, so if it gives you a penalty but doesn't say you "forfeit your action" then you pay the penalty and continue your action.

If the app instructs you to move away from the monster it will use specific language and tell you how many spaces, "flee in fear" is just flavour text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
i have also a question about this...
...suffer 2 horror, then flip 3 facedown Horror

Example:
If i have at this moment 5 facedown Horror,
and i take 2 new horror - where one card allows to flip it immediately facedown, did this new facedown card also counts to the pool where i have flip this 3 facedowns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
impish1234 wrote:
i have also a question about this...
...suffer 2 horror, then flip 3 facedown Horror

Example:
If i have at this moment 5 facedown Horror,
and i take 2 new horror - where one card allows to flip it immediately facedown, did this new facedown card also counts to the pool where i have flip this 3 facedowns?

Yes. The instructions are separated by "then" to ensure that the ones gained in the first instruction could be triggered by the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.