Hide
5 Posts

Glorantha: The Gods War» Forums » General

Subject: Unique Strength/Weakness for Genert and Pamalt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Dale
msg tools
Now that Genert and Pamalt have two different sculpts, I was thinking that we could give Genert and Pamalt slightly different Combat depending upon where they are.

Both of them normally have 5 Combat, but I was thinking that in Genert's Garden and any land area adjacent to it Genert could have 6 Combat, and in the Artmal Empire and any land area adjacent (including Teleos due to the shortcut) Pamalt could have 6 Combat. Conversely, each of them would have 3 Combat in Ocean areas (the penality is minus 2 Combat because Earth would not often be affected by the weakness), which matches up with the mythology where Pamalt's spear broke when fighting in water.

I'd like to make these rules official if we can bring them to the attention of Petersen Games. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
I think this makes the Titans unnecessarily complicated. Also the point of Gods War is to remake the events not strictly abide by them. Maybe Genert won't die and Earth will completly destroy Sea this time. Maybe Orlanth will be the big loser and Yelm the savior. Maybe logic will conquer all under the guidance of the Invisible God.

Beside Pamalt and Genert are allready pretty unique like they are. Combat 5 is actually pretty good by Gods War standard and you get Runes for summoning them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Dale
msg tools
I think there should be SOME difference between them so that they aren't exactly the same. Even off the top of my head I can imagine a few other possible differences they could have instead of the ones I proposed, although the advantage of the rules I mentioned are that they do match the Titans' ability according to lore to draw strength from their respective continents of Genertela and Pamaltela.

Also, I'm not suggesting making Genert weaker than Pamalt because Genert died in the Gods War. They would both be equally powerful, rolling 6 dice on 5 spaces each and losing 2 dice on 4 spaces each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
One issue here is that the two landmasses known as Genertela and Pamaltela are not defined in the game as such. You have land areas, sea areas and the spike, hell and skydome wich are neither.

I'm not sure there is room in the game mechanics to differentiate the Titans in a way that would keep it simple and won't just go over the head of players not familiar with Glorantha. Beside I'm not even conviced there is much difference beetween them to begin with beyond the fact that Genert historicly rolled poorly in battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Dale
msg tools
In the way I rules I put forward earlier, it's every land area including and adjacent to "Genert's Garden" and the "Artmal Empire" respectively. That defines their area of influence. Of course, these rules could be changed as the designers wish it, but that's how it would be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.