Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Does a company receive its destination money the instant it has a route to its destination or only on its OR turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
East Sooke
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom! I was taught that the company only receives its capital if it has an unblocked theoretical route to it's destination on its OR turn. Checking my copy of the new rules, the destination rules are listed as a subsection of "1. Build Track", so I am taking that as an indication that the check for destination is done during this specific part of the corporation's turn. As such, it seems it should be possible for a company to not be able to reach its destination during build track (because it would require a reverse of direction to go back up a #23/#24 tile) but then make that destination route viable during the Place Station Marker phase by building a new token that allows the destination to be reached legally. In such a case, it would appear that you must wait until the next OR turn during the build track step to check that this route is still unobstructed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for your input, Justin. Your interpretation would be consistent with other titles.

BTW, I am hoping your Victoria group gets this one on the table soon; I look forward to a session report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 8, launch of a Company there is this:

"As soon as a company’s home base is connected by a route to its destination:
a large historical company receives the other issue price x5 as treasury.
a pre-SBB company receives the other issue price x2 as treasury."

I don't know the german text but it is fairly clear here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.