BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Kardani Chess rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorn Brier
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
So, I've got a fictional world I've been writing and decided that one of the peoples in that world have a boardgame they often play. It's not actually much like chess, but when the humans showed up marketers figured it would sell better under the name Kardani Chess.

Kardani Chess Rules/Setup

I have been working on the rules for it and even tried out making the basic gameboard with cardboard. But to really test it I figure I'll need to make a playable computer prototype since I don't have the carving skills to actually make the pieces and their interlocking structures.

I know, that last two words of the sentence likely puts people off, but in their culture the game is supposed to be played on ships rolling on the waves so every piece has a peg, the board has lots of holes, and some pieces also have holes for other pegs to fit into. That's the part I am looking for a game prototyper program for.

The more RPG-ish elements such as damage and dice rolls and game phases can all be handled in person or with other programs.

It should also be noted that when I was writing out the phases I was trying to be tournament level specific, inspired by the official rules of Magic: The Gathering. In casual games people would breeze through and ignore phases they knew didn't matter at the time or do some phase steps together. Most casual players wouldn't even know the names of all the official phases. But in tournaments, the details of those phases and rule judgements can mean the difference between winning millions or going home empty handed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
msg tools
Hey man! It sounds pretty cool! Will love to see your illustrations!
Maybe I m a very graphical person, I guess it will be easier to understand if you can sketch out some diagrams to explain it a little more? super excited though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.