Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maurizio Bignoli
Italy
Novara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, another questions for you:

1. When I test a Randezvous adv. and it's a success, can I move the components of both ships as I want, or for each component that I need to move I have to draw a new Outcome card from Rend. Adv.?

2. Bases on the last answer, if in a single Location there are 3 or more ships, can I move the component between them as I want ?

3. Conseguentely, in my turn can I test my Advancement cards how many time I want ? I think yes .... ex: in a single turn I test Rendezvous more and more times only for discard the Outcome cards ....

Sorry if my questions are obvious ....

Maurizio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Glazik
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically speaking you cannot "move" components between ships at all. Randezvous always connects two ships into one, you cannot make decision what components are joined – all of them or none. Similarily separation always splits one ship to two ships.

To "rearrange" components between two ships you have to do two randezvous – first for joining, second for splitting (and of course two tests if technology is not fully tested). And while splitting you can create new ship with any components from the first, connected ship. Of course you can make it in the same turn, so in fact it IS kind of "rearranging" but again – technically speaking that are two randezvous – this distinction is needed for test purposes.

I believe you can answer your questions by yourself now, but to be sure:

AD 1. Only all components at once. After randezvous there will be only one ship.

AD 2. Third ship implies second randezvous. After that two randezvous there will be only one ship.

AD 3. Yes, you can do as many randezvous as you like (no matter connections/separations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Bignoli
Italy
Novara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ummmm..... Thank you Jakub. I try to write an example to be more sure:

Ship 1: 1 Probe + 1 Juno

Ship 2: 1 Sample + 2 Atlas

In the same turn:

I make a Rendezvous between them for a docking:

1. I draw 1 Outcome card - Success

2. Join all my component togheter in a one ship.

I make a Rendezvous between them for undocking:

1. I draw another 1 Outcome card - Success

2. I Divide my components so:
Ship 1: 1 Probe + 1 Sample + 2 Atlas
Ship 2: 1 Juno

Now, I have the new two ships.

Correct ?

Thank you

Maurizio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Kangro
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say: almost.

Not sure if it is explicitly said in the rules, but I would play it that you decide what you want to seperate/undock before drawing the outcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Bignoli
Italy
Novara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, but if you decide BEFORE of AFTER drawing the outcome, what changes ?
If failed, the outcome tell me to damage a component .... I never loss the ships in a rendezvous ....

M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship 1: Juno + Probe
Ship 2: Atlas + Vostok

You want to have in the end:
Ship 1: Atlas, Probe
Ship 2: Juno, Vostok

1st way to do it
1. Decide to Randezvous ship 1 and 2 together.
1a. Draw 1 outcome card. Success -> You have 1 big ship: juno, atlas, probe, vostok
2. Decide what you want to separate (we choose to spli tship into probe, Atlas and vostok,juno).
2a. Draw 1 outcome card (since you are doing 1 separation). Success -> you have 2 ships:
Juno + Vostok
Atlas + Probe

2nd way to do it
1. Decide what to separate in ship 1. We want to separate probe from juno.
1a. Draw 1 outcome. Success -> we have 3 ships total. Juno ship, probe ship and atlas+vostok ship.
2. Decide what to separate from 2nd ship. We want to separate vostok from atlas.
2a. Draw 1 outcome. Success -> we have 4 separate ships on a location card.
1st ship is juno
2nd is vostok
3rd is atlas
4th is probe
3. Decide what you want to randezvous. We want to connect vostok to juno.
3a. Draw 1 outcome card. Success - done!
4. Decide what you want to randezvous. We want to connect probe with atlas.
4a. Draw 1 outcome card. Success - done!
We have 2 ships we wanted on a location card.

2nd way to do it requires much more randezvous maneuvers. It may be usefull to test this technology

And why you decide what to connect/split before drawing a card? In theory it does not matter. In case of failure you select one component to damage. Thats it. It may have some impact when next expansion comes out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Bignoli
Italy
Novara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, got it.
Thank you.

M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Glazik
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylas wrote:
Ahhh, but if you decide BEFORE of AFTER drawing the outcome, what changes ?
If failed, the outcome tell me to damage a component .... I never loss the ships in a rendezvous ....
As misioooo wrote, if you have only two ships on a location – in fact it doesn't matter. But if there is some third ship put there only to take damage theoretically you could cheat, that it was this ship docking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misioooo wrote:
In case of failure you select one component to damage. Thats it. It may have some impact when next expansion comes out!

I am intrigued; is this just a theory of yours or did Joe say something about that? And if, what changes would that be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.