Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Boss rounds, do you spawn just a Boss or do you spawn Aliens AND a Boss?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes. you spawn all the aliens as usual - plus the boss if the round overview says so.

where would be the fun of having a boss without minions ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:
yes. you spawn all the aliens as usual - plus the boss if the round overview says so.

where would be the fun of having a boss without minions :D?

I was just grasping at straws really - this game is hard enough solo ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Also add in the mega boss minis to the deck...no benefit to the players just to the aliens. that seems off somehow. I think the megabosses should have come with some extra cool cards for the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Troll66 wrote:
I think the megabosses should have come with some extra cool cards for the players.

you mean, like yielding more than just an alien tech card for being killed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strand
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:
Troll66 wrote:
I think the megabosses should have come with some extra cool cards for the players.

I get where you are going with this, but if you got more powerful toys along with the more powerful bosses then you have a problem with ability creep. Eventually your character is worthless if you don't have the latest and the best. I assume the purpose of the tougher bosses was to make the game more challenging and if you give the characters more toys, then you're really not making it more challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gull2112 wrote:
Clawf1ng3r wrote:
Troll66 wrote:

I get where you are going with this, but if you got more powerful toys along with the more powerful bosses then you have a problem with ability creep. Eventually your character is worthless if you don't have the latest and the best. I assume the purpose of the tougher bosses was to make the game more challenging and if you give the characters more toys, then you're really not making it more challenging.

still like where is going lol
though, yea, I see your point.. correct one I might add

I haven't play with the mega boss yet (only have the KS one, no addons) and I`m too afraid of him still LOL

I kind of want to do a special mission though with the mega boss, were he just don't go off the board, but affect more and is like the "final boss" of the mission. haven't thought much about it yet...

waiting to see the campaign mode that Artipia promised. If some sort of story or progression maybe I can use that as the foundation and go around that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.