Subject: Typical scores in 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife and I just played our first game and we got 55 and 53. So, how bad were we? What should we be shooting for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I were in the 50's our first play as well, but we have scored higher with repetitive plays. Our last session was 72 to 62, but I feel that scores are directly related to the cards that you draw. I put into play in round 1 the Merchant and Wagoner as helpers and their abilities helped me immensely. It was the reason I was able to hit 72.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our games typically run from 60s to 80s with outliers in the 50s or 90s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
mid 50s to low 60s for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks. So we didn't do too bad but we have something to shoot for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience scores between 70 and 80 are the ones you want to get. Scores vary depending on how active the players are on the market. Some extra points are possible for kickig ther players out... Or the other players leave you there unharmed and you score every round again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mostly 60s to 70s, w/ occasional score in 80s. Wife has highest score of 86.

I also think there is a strong luck factor due to card draws and dice rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I typically see mid 70's, but that's in 3+ player counts.

But you should also recognize that the average score will vary depending on what craft areas are open at the beginning of the game and the order the others open in. Additionally, bad dice rolls can constrain, or free up players, especially if they hamper or favor you setting up an engine in the early game.

So there's not really a good estimate of what the average score should be, as it really depends on variable factors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
70 +-10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Yeti

Minneapolis
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won against my wife 67-66 last night. Vastly different strategies. I completed 5 of the 6 craft buildings and she completed a ton of 6-point barrows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter W.
msg tools
I played my third game against a friend (2nd game) and won 59 to 58 points. In a solo game with the "automata"-AI (version from this site) I scored an amazing 74 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.