5 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can a person board another's ship while in port? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While I was at port, my brother wanted to go to the port and then try to board my ship. Is this possible?

Does the expansion allow for this?

It seems like it'd be fun to be able to spend an action and roll a scouting or leadership to peek at all their cargo cards and steal one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well i'm sure you could make a house rule, but boarding can only be done after battle has been initiated at sea after a successful scouting role from either party, and THEN after one round of cannon fire. The expansion doesn't change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sail into Port
And give them the Broadside Hollywood Style whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
No boarding or fighting in port, it's uncouth.

(Mind you, you do not *cease to exist* while in port, for example NPC ships still "see" you for purposes of hunting priority and will gladly wait outside port for you instead of moving away. The damn spawn campers.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mb
blondlostime wrote:
While I was at port, my brother wanted to go to the port and then try to board my ship. Is this possible?

Does the expansion allow for this?

It seems like it'd be fun to be able to spend an action and roll a scouting or leadership to peek at all their cargo cards and steal one of them.

A house rule like that would only be fair if an NPC ship (Naval/Pirate) could attack you while in port as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.