$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.3% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of Tezla purchased very early this year that is still in its shrink wrap.

Even though many people have said they've received replacement packs (at long last), I have yet to see anyone clearly say that the boxed copies of the newest reprint have fixed the problems present in the older versions.

So: Should I just keep/open mine and go through the replacement part process (sign up on website and request a manual, then they'll send the whole pack; yes?)?

Or: Should I buy the new release and trade away my older version (since I doubt I can send it back at this point)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pickering
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Personal opinion here, but I'd say go ahead and open it and play. I played my copy of Tezla for months before the replacement pack came in and it was fine. I kept the tokens in separate piles (most of the new scenarios want you to keep the tokens separate by factions anyway) and if I wanted to incorporate the new tokens into a regular game, I would just roll a die and draw from the runt tokens on a gold or black roll, regular token pile otherwise.

Also, if you wait and determine that the new prints correct the issues, who would want your old copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdpixter wrote:
Also, if you wait and determine that the new prints correct the issues, who would want your old copy?

Someone less picky, who would just do as you suggest.

Or someone willing to go through the replacement process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.