4 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: crew can't limit your cannons, right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If my crew are all dead, but I still have 4 cannons, can I still potentially make 4 hits? The rules don't seem to contradict this, but thematically it sounds kind of silly that you'd have a single captain running about on the ship loading and firing all of his cannons.

Where in the rule book does it say anything about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Your number of crew only limits the number of hits you can apply during a boarding battle. They have no effect on your cannons.

Think of your crew value as the number of fighting crew you have available, not that entire complement of the ship. Even if all of your fighters get killed off, you still have enough crew remaining to handle basic functions of the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, when you have zero fighting crew and you're boarded. Your cannon crew don't know how to swing a sword to save their lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mb
Woelf wrote:
Your number of crew only limits the number of hits you can apply during a boarding battle. They have no effect on your cannons.

Think of your crew value as the number of fighting crew you have available, not that entire complement of the ship. Even if all of your fighters get killed off, you still have enough crew remaining to handle basic functions of the ship.

Absolutely correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.