Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Hibernation - the strategic bear card game - Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Daniels
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm really excited, this is my first crowdfunding project and any support/advice is extremely appreciated!

Watch the video on the project's web page for more info, just may be the game you were looking for.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hibernation/hibernation...

Take on the role of a bear competing for enough food to sleep all winter. Fast, fun, easy to learn & educational. Time to get fat!

CONCEPT

You’re a bear waking from Hibernation, slim & hungry. Time to prepare for next year’s big sleep. But alas, other bears in your surrounding ecosystem have become extremely competitive. You must race to gather as much of the available food as possible, while fending off foes along the way. To do this you will forage, frenzy, and even steal to stockpile your hoard of food. Better get going, winter will come fast.

OBJECTIVE

Hibernation is a Deck building game. Your Deck contains your means of finding FOOD. It starts out forlorn and bare, but you strive to make it a perfect library of FOOD collecting assets. Then, you eat your FOOD in proper portions to gain layers of fat.

The first one to achieve the 5 required layers of fat, via Hibernation tokens, gets to fall asleep - victorious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur O'Dwyer
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed the game for now, but I hope that you'll quickly get rid of the $11K stretch goal: "everyone that ordered a copy of Hibernation the game, will also receive four 20-sided dice!". The game's rules as described here don't involve dice, so having to manufacture d20s alongside the cards (and pins and bags and T-shirts and...) is definitely just a distraction and drag on your manufacturing process. I would love to back a version of this project that was JUST a card game, without the accompanying clothing line. As it is, if it gets close to the goal while still looking like this, I'll pull out, because there's no way you can produce a card game AND a line of magnets, shirts, bags, and pins for just $9500. Let alone all that plus (useless) dice and minis for $15K.

It's not too late to delete the $5 magnet tier! (I believe you can delete any tier that has no backers in it.)

You should upload your "Kickstarter web video" as the project video, so you have an engaging video as your top-of-page banner instead of that "Zzz... Want to be a bear?" static image.

Remember to post a Campaign Update every couple of days. You should have posted at least one update in the first two days, to thank your early backers.

How are you going to produce the game — which manufacturers are you talking to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Daniels
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks for your contribution!

I have written a clarification in the Stretch Goals section of my Kickstarter that helps to sort this out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hibernation/hibernation...

As for the magnets and pins, I just thought it would be good to have some kind of inexpensive prize that people could choose if they couldn't afford/didn't want to pay more, but still wanted some kind of prize for their donation.
Plus, I had many, many made prior to the Kickstarter launch, so I don't think that I would need to make any more even if a lot of people chose that option.

I am currently working with Panda GM because after researching and communicating with multiple manufacturers, they worked out the best for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.