31.1% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
33 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » News

Subject: News that Talisman (amongst other FFG titles) is officially dead :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-pa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that is news! Thanks for sharing.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres a few expansions I never bought. I hope the price doesn't skyrocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hoping around February, if not sooner, that they'll have a good sale to move that remaining stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Sherman
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
If there are any expansions that you'd like to have in your collection best to pick them up now and not wait for possible FFG sale. The stock from several popular online retailers is vanishing quickly already. Happy Hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
If there are any expansions that you'd like to have in your collection best to pick them up now and not wait for possible FFG sale. The stock from several popular online retailers is vanishing quickly already. Happy Hunting!

Except for limited titles stock is already gone from Miniature Market, CSI, Cardhaus and Funagain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is completely sold out of all Talisman stuff except The Sacred Pool. I wonder if someone bought out the remaining stock to then horde and drive the price up. That's the one part of the free market that always annoys me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cataclysm has already increased on Amazon by something like 25$

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG still has everything in stock but Reaper, City, and the two POD/clam shell expansions. I doubt they want to sit on that if other stories can move them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
FFG still has everything in stock but Reaper, City, and the two POD/clam shell expansions. I doubt they want to sit on that if other stories can move them.

I love a very moving story. It always gets to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domi Mooser
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmb
yyyy... I was so shocked, I just started buying the base game and the Reaper a month ago, was planning to slowly buy the full game. Now I just panic-bought the whole collection for around... 500$. Thx FFG, kill me now. ^^ Also on Amazon.de/.co.uk and in my local Gamestores the english versions are already pretty hard to get for a reasonable price... I had to puzzle them together from 3 different stores and ebay... ://

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domi Mooser
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmb
DomaGB wrote:
clip611 wrote:

Reaper and City are officially in Reprint and will be released before the END

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
clip611 wrote:

D'oh!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArinRahl wrote:
DomaGB wrote:
clip611 wrote:

I saw City is, but can you confirm Reaper? I couldn't find that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArinRahl wrote:

greenalfonzo wrote:

I don't see Reaper anymore either listed on FFG's upcoming section. I swear I did just the other day.. but now it's just Woodland and City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo wrote:
ArinRahl wrote:

greenalfonzo wrote:

I don't see Reaper anymore either listed on FFG's upcoming section. I swear I did just the other day.. but now it's just Woodland and City.

Email them and ask for it. There's time for them to do another run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greenalfonzo wrote:
Sarah Jo wrote:

I did ask about Reaper disappearing from the Upcoming section on the site, through the "contact us" form on FFG's site and got this back some hours later. It's the second automated response I've received (both different types) so I'm not sure if my question will get answered or not.

Quote:
Greetings,

This is an automated response

Thank you for contacting Asmodee North America’s Customer Service and Parts Replacement Department. We appreciate your inquiry and are happy to do all we can to help fulfill your request as needed.

If you are requesting a replacement part for one of our games, please feel free to place a request in our Damaged/Missing Components Request Service at http://parts.asmodeena.com/ where we service Asmodee, Fantasy Flight Games, Catan, Days of Wonder, and Spot it! products. Please make sure to provide all required information, including an explanation for why you need the part(s) and pictures of defective part(s). Doing this will go a long way to help us service your issue. With this service we strive to provide replacement assistance as quickly as possible You will periodically receive email updates during the replacement process, and may visit the Check Status tab at any time for a quick update.

Here at Asmodee North America, we want to give you the best gaming experience possible, and we are always happy to hear from our customers! We appreciate your email and your patronage.

Sincerely,

Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team
customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Companies can only print so many games at a time. I don't think asking will do anything, they would reprint them all if they could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greenalfonzo wrote:
Sarah Jo wrote:
ArinRahl wrote:

greenalfonzo wrote:

You might want to check around in the BGG news thread regarding the split. I believe someone received a response that stated Reaper transitioned between states (like in print to on the boat) but the website wasn't updated yet.

At least, I'm about 85% certain it was Reaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, there's a small chance they could give the go ahead/push it up if they see a demand and check out the going rates for it. Especially if it was already on the table. I contacted them and got an auto reply that they will look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope a reprint will happen no way will i buy a "Talisman" product that has had the Age of Sigmar treatment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CreepyW3irdo wrote:
I hope a reprint will happen no way will i buy a "Talisman" product that has had the Age of Sigmar treatment.

I never played any of the Warhammer battle games but I was a major fan of WFRP up to the Hogshead days and would read some of their fantasy novels. It was always my favorite fantasy gaming world.

When I read the backstory for Age of Sigmar my only question was how many drugs did they take before coming up with that gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Of course, talisman is not and never has been set in the Warhammer world.

Any new GW edition, were they to make one, would only have their trademarks in it and hence no elves, goblins, orcs, dragons.. in short it would not be talisman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
achates wrote:
Of course, talisman is not and never has been set in the Warhammer world.

Any new GW edition, were they to make one, would only have their trademarks in it and hence no elves, goblins, orcs, dragons.. in short it would not be talisman.

Yeah, we don't need the 5th to be another 3rd edition Warhammerfest. (Even editions good, odd editions bad?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
These terms are far too common to have an active or effective trademark upon them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.