Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently acquired this awesome game and in trying it out I came up with a question I couldn't find in the rulebook unless I missed it somewhere. Where does it state what needs to be rolled to destroy a Roman fort? The rules make reference to Roman forts being treated exactly like Roman infantry in combat. An example is provided that shows that Roman forts only need a "4" to hit an enemy and this makes sense.

My question is then why can Roman forts be eliminated on a "5" after all Roman infantry have been eliminated? Shouldn't it take a "6" to eliminate a fort if they act like Roman infantry in combat? An example is provided that seems to indicate they are eliminated on a "5" or higher if all other Roman infantry have been previously eliminated, but this doesn't seem to follow as far as them fighting like infantry and I can't see it clearly stated anywhere as to what number(s) it takes to destroy them.

And if it takes only a "5" or higher to destroy forts a follow-up questions would be do they then become a "6" in difficult terrain? If they are treated like Roman infantry in all respects related to combat then yes, but if they are treated like Roman infantry in combat then they would always be eliminated only on a "6".

Sorry if this has been asked and I'm sure the answer is somewhere obvious I missed. Appreciate and help and thanks.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
I just recently acquired this awesome game and in trying it out I came up with a question I couldn't find in the rulebook unless I missed it somewhere. Where does it state what needs to be rolled to destroy a Roman fort? The rules make reference to Roman forts being treated exactly like Roman infantry in combat. An example is provided that shows that Roman forts only need a "4" to hit an enemy and this makes sense.

My question is then why can Roman forts be eliminated on a "5" after all Roman infantry have been eliminated? Shouldn't it take a "6" to eliminate a fort if they act like Roman infantry in combat? An example is provided that seems to indicate they are eliminated on a "5" or higher if all other Roman infantry have been previously eliminated, but this doesn't seem to follow as far as them fighting like infantry and I can't see it clearly stated anywhere as to what number(s) it takes to destroy them.

And if it takes only a "5" or higher to destroy forts a follow-up questions would be do they then become a "6" in difficult terrain? If they are treated like Roman infantry in all respects related to combat then yes, but if they are treated like Roman infantry in combat then they would always be eliminated only on a "6".

Sorry if this has been asked and I'm sure the answer is somewhere obvious I missed. Appreciate and help and thanks.

Mike

According to the rules (page 11). Roman forts in battle are equivalent to a normal army (not a Roman one). That is they eliminate enemy armies on a roll of 5 or 6 and are eliminated on a roll of 5 or 6 (6 if they are in difficult terrain). If the fort is accompanies by Roman infantry then all infantry units must be eliminated first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the prompt reply. I knew I just missed something. Normal infantry not Roman infantry. Love the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.