Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am a 7th grade science teacher. Each year I let my student choose what they want me to call their classes based off something. This year I based it on the Sentinels of the Multiverse Hero symbols.

Anyway, the fun part...

I have

1 Absolute Zero
2 The Sentinels
3 The Wraith
4 Bunker
5 Unity

Who should they have to combat?

Single Villain

and then the 5 Villains

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
Maybe you can pick the villains based off what your teaching. Maybe even tie your lessons to them or the word problems. What do you teach in your science class, is it biology, physics, geology, something else?

If not you can always go for baron blade, he is an evil mad scientist after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since 4 of those heroes are equipment-dependent, I'd go with Chokepoint or Omnitron.

I don't know the team villains well enough to offer any suggestions. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Ennead. Because they are easy to understand, play smoothly and provide a fun game for beginners.

Also, they are Archaeologists. Doomed scientists, but scientists none the less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahaha I should have clarified... For me to fight in my own personal games, though I never thought about them going up against different problems and theme is with a villain.

Akash'bhuta would be the perfect choice. Man has harmed the environment and now she is pissed!

And when I said five villains... I should have meant for a vengeance style game. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
The Ennead. Because they are easy to understand, play smoothly and provide a fun game for beginners.

Also, they are Archaeologists. Doomed scientists, but scientists none the less.
Ra is an archeologist. The Ennead are grave robbers, or rather the surviving members of a group of grave robbers. (Christopher clarified this at Gen Con.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Good to know! You can tell by the style of hat, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:

Easy to understand? Play smoothly?

I think Ennead games are one of the more complicated ones -- So many effects to track, particularly if a second symbol comes out and you need to remember to go back to the first symbol after processing the second one.

Technically, you have a choice of the order the various Ennead react to each symbol, too, though we've never bothered to play that due to the extra mental work in trying to figure out the best order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ennead do two things: react when a symbol listed on their character card hits the trash for the first time in a turn, and activate their Start of Turn incap ability, if applicable.

Sure the effects stack up, but if you can handle simple coding, this should be a sanp.

You have a point about activation order, though; I have seen people overthink that, to the detriment of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radulla wrote:
You have a point about activation order, though; I have seen people overthink that, to the detriment of the game.

We just house rule it. They happen in the order the Ennead entered play, as if it was start of turn. Anything else is unbearable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
We just house rule it. They happen in the order the Ennead entered play, as if it was start of turn. Anything else is unbearable!

Yeah. Choosing the order makes fighting an easy villain easier and a somewhat complicated villain somewhat more complicated. Leaving it to the order of appearance takes the edge of choice away from the players and makes it so much better for keeping track of what's going on. I always do it this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Brownsword
msg tools
I always place the card on the table under the ennead member who's effects are resolving, that way I know who's effects I'm checking and can go back easily if another card is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.