$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 82.76

5,512 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.7% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: The Nemesis Game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is going to be one of those games where you post something, and then the person who replies next responds to what you posted and then posts there own thing.

In this case, you'll post a character (villain or hero) from any superhero franchise. The person who responds will then choose that person's nemesis, with one restriction; exactly one of the two characters must be from Sentinels of the Multiverse. So if you post a Sentinels character, the response should be a non-Sentinels character, and then vice versa.

After you choose the nemesis for the previous character, remember to add your own!

Ok, I'll start. Which Sentinels character would be the nemesis of The Joker?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Which Sentinels character would be the nemesis of The Joker?


Has to be Guise. What non-Sentinels villain would be the nemesis of Chrono-Ranger?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
What non-Sentinels villain would be the nemesis of Chrono-Ranger?
I'm thinking Vandal Savage.

We need a Sentinels nemesis for Lobo...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Naturalist. Naturally.

Who would Sentinels pit against Dr. Manhatten?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
Who would Sentinels pit against Dr. Manhatten?


I'm thinking someone cosmic... Deadline/Lifeline springs to mind.

Since all the other suggestions have been DC, who would the Sentinels nemesis of Rocket Raccoon be?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Since all the other suggestions have been DC, who would the Sentinels nemesis of Rocket Raccoon be?


I think these should have a bit of story to make them believable / more interesting.

Groot and Rocket Raccoon would be the last of their kind and are being hunted a la Tempest / and Grand Warlord Voss.

Who would stop The Dreamer?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ciffy wrote:
Asmor wrote:
Since all the other suggestions have been DC, who would the Sentinels nemesis of Rocket Raccoon be?


I think these should have a bit of story to make them believable / more interesting.

Groot and Rocket Raccoon would be the last of their kind and are being hunted a la Tempest / and Grand Warlord Voss.

Who would stop The Dreamer?



Freddy Kruger of course. Speaking of horror, who would be the nemesis for Micheal Meyers (guy from Halloween)?

Edit: reread the rules, it doesn't say the response has to be from a superhero franchise. Well ok how about who in the sentinels universe would be the nemesis for Cole Mcgrath (good version)? He's the main character from the Infamous series.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Father Time wrote:


Freddy Kruger of course. Speaking of horror, who would be the nemesis for Micheal Meyers (guy from Halloween)?

Edit: reread the rules, it doesn't say the response has to be from a superhero franchise. Well ok how about who in the sentinels universe would be the nemesis for Cole Mcgrath (good version)? He's the main character from the Infamous series.


Spite, logically (Cole's good version is all about saving the innocent civilians after all).
Who would Parse be trying to stop?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattonyx wrote:
Father Time wrote:


Freddy Kruger of course. Speaking of horror, who would be the nemesis for Micheal Meyers (guy from Halloween)?

Edit: reread the rules, it doesn't say the response has to be from a superhero franchise. Well ok how about who in the sentinels universe would be the nemesis for Cole Mcgrath (good version)? He's the main character from the Infamous series.


Spite, logically (Cole's good version is all about saving the innocent civilians after all).
Who would Parse be trying to stop?


Trying to think of someone who relies on technology and Arcade (xmen) and Dr. Doom are all that are coming to mind. I can see her technopath side coming out and sensing some plot that Dr. Doom is trying to float quietly and is otherwise undetectable, then she finds the Fantastic Four and convinces them he's up to no good.

Speaking of technopath. Unity and Forge seems like a natural team up. What / Who are they fighting (for)?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Trying to think of someone who relies on technology and Arcade (xmen) and Dr. Doom are all that are coming to mind. I can see her technopath side coming out and sensing some plot that Dr. Doom is trying to float quietly and is otherwise undetectable, then she finds the Fantastic Four and convinces them he's up to no good.

Speaking of technopath. Unity and Forge seems like a natural team up. What / Who are they fighting (for)?

They joined Overwatch to stop the omnic crisis.

Unity and Young Legacy (Beacon/Pauline Parsons) go on a "girls night out" with which teen superheroines (choose two), but then they together have to fight who?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They go out with Beast Boy and Jubilee and have a great night on the town, until Baron Blade threatens the city.

Carol Ferris has been struck down in battle with Infinitor! The violet ring of love needs to find a Sentinels character to become the Star Sapphire for sector 2814!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jettosan wrote:
Unity and Young Legacy (Beacon/Pauline Parsons) go on a "girls night out" with which teen superheroines (choose two), but then they together have to fight who?

Asmor wrote:
They go out with Beast Boy and Jubilee and have a great night on the town, until Baron Blade threatens the city.

Beast Boy is a superheroine?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, he is a shapeshifter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Carol Ferris has been struck down in battle with Infinitor! The violet ring of love needs to find a Sentinels character to become the Star Sapphire for sector 2814!

The violet ring chooses Setback. Forces of evil are terrified, though not as much as Expattriete (but for a completely different reason).

Wager Master is up to no good once again! But this time he decided to get more creative and invited (kidnapped) Guise and (insert 3 more sentinel heroes) to play a deadly game of (insert a co-operative board game, other than Sentinels. Make it as deadly as possible).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jettosan wrote:
Wager Master is up to no good once again! But this time he decided to get more creative and invited (kidnapped) Guise and (insert 3 more sentinel heroes) to play a deadly game of (insert a co-operative board game, other than Sentinels. Make it as deadly as possible).
Battlestar Galactica. Just because watching them play would be HILARIOUS. devil

(Steering this back to the original topic, and also because I'm curious) Who would be a single nemesis for The Sentinels?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sentinels, with their backstories of redemption and optimism, would face the nihilism of Darkseid.


Who would face up to the mouldering power of Swamp Thing?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
The Sentinels, with their backstories of redemption and optimism, would face the nihilism of Darkseid.


Who would face up to the mouldering power of Swamp Thing?


Akash'thriya/bhuta

Who do you think would be able to take on a few of the new members from the Green Lantern Corps? (Let's say 3 rookie Corps members)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomweaver. The rookie lanterns still aren't sure of themselves, and he's able to take advantage of their doubt and make them despair. Hopefully a blue shows up to bolster them!

Who from Sentinels can stand up to Dr. Doom?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnilius IV
msg tools
mb
Asmor wrote:
Gloomweaver. The rookie lanterns still aren't sure of themselves, and he's able to take advantage of their doubt and make them despair. Hopefully a blue shows up to bolster them!

Who from Sentinels can stand up to Dr. Doom?


Luminary would rival Dr. Doom for his devices.

Who would Arthur (from The Tick) fight from the Multiverse?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Chiquito, the green monkey-esque pet of La Capitan.

What non-Sentinels character would dare to oppose Citizen Dawn?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantaskippy wrote:
Chiquito, the green monkey-esque pet of La Capitan.

What non-Sentinels character would dare to oppose Citizen Dawn?


Magneto. "Give me back my schtick, you pale distaff copycat!"

Who oamong the villains of Megalopolis could evade the detective skills of Rorschach?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Radulla wrote:


Magneto. "Give me back my schtick, you pale distaff copycat!"

Who oamong the villains of Megalopolis could evade the detective skills of Rorschach?


The Chairman, and rightfully so. Keeps him distracted with just enough disorganized villainy to put him off the trail.

Who would dare stand before the awesome might of Iron Legacy? (And please don't say Superman)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Well Batman of course. He made counter measures for the entire justice league, why couldn't be make one for Legacy?

But Which Villain could possibly stand up to the might of the immortal Haka?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Rosgath wrote:
Well Batman of course. He made counter measures for the entire justice league, why couldn't be make one for Legacy?

But Which Villain could possibly stand up to the might of the immortal Haka?


Vandal Savage, obviously.

The Gotham City Sirens (Catwoman, Poison ivy, and Harley Quinn) are out for a night on the town! Unfortunately, all the boys are wrapped up in a poker game, so it falls to the girls to stop them. Which three Sentinels femme fatales stop the reign of terror?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.