Legendary: Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ragnarok Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Evans
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I have searched the forums and could not find this listed. For his master strike it is a little confusing.

We currently play it where every player says zero or not zero at once. So if one player said different than all the other players every card in everyone's hand is discarded.

Is this correct like using the accuser?

Or is it supposed to go around the table one at a time where each player one at a time says zero or not zero only hurting their decks based on their decision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have always played it as each call effects only that player, but based on the wording, I guess it might effect everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
I don't it matters how you do it really. Each player makes their own announcement and then discards those cards. We just go around the table starting with the player who drew the strike, but if you all want to do it at once, I guess that is fine. In the accuser scenario you mention, it is important that everyone does it at once to make sure other peoples' pointing doesn't influence your pointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
I have always played it as each call effects only that player, but based on the wording, I guess it might effect everyone.

It does affect everyone, compare to the wording on Nimrod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Evans
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
jhochges wrote:
I don't it matters how you do it really. Each player makes their own announcement and then discards those cards. We just go around the table starting with the player who drew the strike, but if you all want to do it at once, I guess that is fine. In the accuser scenario you mention, it is important that everyone does it at once to make sure other peoples' pointing doesn't influence your pointing.

But if one player as you go around says not zero and the next player says zero does the prior player discard every card as well as everyone playing? Or just whatever each individual says?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ragnarok's Master Strike wording:
Quote:
Each player says "zero" or "not zero." Then, each player discards all their cards with that cost.

To me, this is each player individually with no indication whether it should be one-at-a-time or all at once. It strikes me that it doesn't matter how it's done, but I read it as each player's declaration affects only them not the other players. Regardless, everyone at the table has to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Evans
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thud105 wrote:
Ragnarok's Master Strike wording:
Quote:
Each player says "zero" or "not zero." Then, each player discards all their cards with that cost.

To me, this is each player individually with no indication whether it should be one-at-a-time or all at once. It strikes me that it doesn't matter how it's done, but I read it as each player's declaration affects only them not the other players. Regardless, everyone at the table has to do it.

I am hoping this is the case. we will try it this way. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it definitely sounds to me like it's really meant to be:

"Each player says 'zero' or 'not zero.' Then, each player discards all their cards with that cost the cost that they stated."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.