Subject: Test Your Luck deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas DP
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I'm think I'm going to late-pledge this game. Looks like a great party-style game for filler or for when gaming with my friends who don't like to commit to a four-hour board game.
Gotta get the bundle with the 5/6/7 player expansions; that's a no-brainer for me. But what about the Test Your Luck deck? Here's what they say about it in the most recent update. Please let me know if there is more/better info about it elsewhere.

"Test your luck expansion includes around 50 new cards. (20 Dwarven cards and 30 fate cards) This expansion will add new dwarven cards to interact with players (lottery tickets, cupons,investments,wheel of fortune etc).
For example you are using "lucky coupon" on your friend, now he have to draw one card from "fate" pile, then he have to follow cards instructions for example "you have lost 4 coins on this coupon" or "you lucky bastard, you have won 3 golden coins!""

At first glance, this expansion seems unnecessary and doesn't seem to go with the theme, imo (You're running from a dragon and you stop to buy a lottery ticket?). But on the other hand, it's only five bucks! Part of me says just throw the fiver in and get it, in case it really does add something special to the game.

Was there more info posted anywhere else? Or maybe a better preview of some of these cards? What do y'all think; will you be getting the Test Your Luck expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a preview copy of the game and pledged for the King level (all of it) because I liked the art and humor in the game. Unfortunately I don't think anyone has more detailed news than what is out on Kickstarter. The latest updates have caused some troubles and after I have seen what changes they were thinking about I would suggest waiting for the final product to make a decision. If you are hoping that late pledging might give you the benefit of a discount, I'd say 'take it all'. The 5 bucks don't make much of a difference and since you expect to play this with up to 7 people I am sure the expansion adds another layer of fun. Although totally luck based. You may harm yourself by playing cards from it but as far as I see it, that's the whole point of it. Good for a laughter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas DP
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
What troubles? The latest update (Aug 30) looks good to me, and the only thing I see anyone complaining about in the comments is shipping (there's one in every kickstarter, smh...).
Unless your referring to something in the Aug 16 backers-only update, which I obviously can't see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I didn't notice that it was backers only. Yes it is all fine now I guess. The next update will most likely reveal more news about how they have proceeded regarding the extra decks and card count. Without going into detail: the trouble was about card count in the base game and slight changes they have made to that after the campaign. Bottom line: it is for the better of the game but it caused confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.