Subject: Rules to Remember rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Goodman
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
I am excited that I am finally going to play this tomorrow. My copy is still in shrink but I have watched Rahdo and will re-read the rules tonight. My question is, are there any rules that are easy to miss that I should pay extra attention to? I am playing it as a 2p game.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's see ...

Choosing a 6 die: "Take the action based on the number of dice showing "6", not the chosen number."

The additional action: "Once per turn, you can pay 1 krone to add 1 to the number of dice on the chosen Action space."

Don't forget the option of taking "a guest from the game board." Once per turn.

Read up on the passing rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

- When you take food/drink you can place them immediately on your guest cards for free. They do not have to go to the kitchen first. The kitchen is for storage of food/drink that you cannot place on guests at the time you take them.

Have fun! And try not to piss the Emperor off TOO much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
It's not a box, it's a...
badge
mbmbmb
Make sure you start with one of each food item in your kitchen. And don't forget to remove 4 dice for the two player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay attention to the room groups. It's the easiest way to fill up rooms and get bonuses for Emperor influence and cash. Usually when people say they had too much trouble trying to please the Emperor, they weren't completing enough yellow room groups to boost their influence for free.

Staff cards are gold. I would pick the determined starting staff hands in the manual for your first game and then I like the draft variant once you're comfortable with the staff cards and symbols. If you just deal randomly, someone is bound to either 1) end up with less than useful staff, or 2) have a killer hand and rule the board. The starting staff selections are pretty balanced and if you draft, you both get some good and some bad.

As noted upthread, you have only one chance to bring in a new customer on a turn, and it's the first thing you do. Unless a customer reward or staff member ability allows you to grab a customer, if you don't have room at the very start of your turn or forget to recruit one, that's it.

Don't run out of cash if you don't need to. I usually run low, but some of your unlimited extra actions (on the reference card) require 1 kronor to use, plus you need to be able to prep rooms and hire staff, so being out of cash a lot can hamper your game. Again, filling groups of red rooms means free $$$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Pilot
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MHindmarch wrote:

This!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pepilot wrote:
MHindmarch wrote:

This!

Not only once per turn - if you're going to do it, it has to be at the start of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.