41.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
...you may have missed something important.

I found out why my Band of Brothers shipment hasn’t arrived.

I’ve been fairly diligently reading the Kickstarter messages until the notification that games were going out. A notification later went out that all games had shipped… great!

Apparently I skim-read one that talked about a survey. I missed the fact that the survey (which in MY world generally means your opinion on things, collecting data which was not already received or your review of something or a service) was to confirm your address.

A survey. To confirm your address.

I jumped over to the Kickstarter site. There was the survey. The survey had my address listed already. All correct. They just needed me to confirm it.

They had my address, but they hadn’t confirmed it. With a survey.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

I can't blame Kickstarter or Worthington Games on this one - the survey did ask me to confirm my address. A few of the updates did suggest we confirm our address because some packages hadn't shipped. This is technically my fault.

But... in future, Worthington, if you need your subscribers/backers to confirm your address... don't call it a survey, please.

I guess I'm waiting 2-3 weeks from this point now. Sigh.

Lesson learned:

1) Don't skim-read Kickstarter updates.
2) Kickstarter "surveys" can sometimes ask for shipment-critical information.

Back to waiting on my doorstep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
...you may have missed something important.

I found out why my Band of Brothers shipment hasn’t arrived.

I’ve been fairly diligently reading the Kickstarter messages until the notification that games were going out. A notification later went out that all games had shipped… great!

Apparently I skim-read one that talked about a survey. I missed the fact that the survey (which in MY world generally means your opinion on things, or your review of something or a service) was to confirm your address.

A survey. To confirm your address.

I jumped over to the Kickstarter site. There was the survey. The survey had my address listed already. All correct. They just needed me to confirm it.

They had my address, but they hadn’t confirmed it. With a survey.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

I can't blame Kickstarter or Worthington Games on this one - the survey did ask me to confirm my address. A few of the updates did suggest we confirm our address because some packages hadn't shipped. This is technically my fault.

But... in future, Worthington, if you need your subscribers/backers to confirm your address... don't call it a survey, please.

I guess I'm waiting 2-3 weeks from this point now. Sigh.

Lesson learned:

1) Don't skim-read Kickstarter updates.
2) Kickstarter "surveys" can sometimes ask for shipment-critical information.

Back to waiting on my doorstep...

Well that horse is out of the barn now. It's called a survey in crowdfunding lingo and that's just the way it is.

And technically it is a survey by definition. We've just become accustomed to a survey being an opinion collection mechanism instead of data collection.

While Worthington didn't add questions to it, others sometimes do -- asking about additional purchases after the KS, etc...

So you've learned something new and won't miss it again. But I don't think you're gonna get the world to change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference for those who may have missed it, the request to confirm address by survey went out on update 30, and a reminder that some packages hadn't been shipped because the address was not confirmed went out with update 38.

Update 30:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1456271622/band-of-brot...

Update 38:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1456271622/band-of-brot...

I've backed two other boardgame Kickstarters and haven't had my address confirmed by a survey before. Now I know that this is common practice and parlance and I will look for it more diligently and especially surveys.

Note that update 38 indicates that 20 packages didn't go out because the addresses were not confirmed on the survey. Go to the Kickstarter website and confirm that you've completed that survey if you haven't received your package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, that sucks. I am sorry you've had to wait so long. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
Chris, that sucks. I am sorry you've had to wait so long. soblue

My fault. I take responsibility. I'm just mad it happened. Live and learn.

Thanks for the sympathetic ear, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this, Chris. I've been too busy to even look into this, but I think I had the same issue. I just completed the 'survey'. I appreciate your pointing this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW I found the use of the word "survey" strange too. This was my first kickstarter experience. (And I've only done one other since; luckily the second one was for only $10 so I won't get hit by huge customs fees...) But I did read my emails and did the survey, so my package's slow arrival was not caused by this, but probably by Polish mail/customs limbo.

Kozure wrote:
My fault. I take responsibility. I'm just mad it happened. Live and learn.

Thanks for the sympathetic ear, though!

But look on the bright side: this is nothing compared to the hot burning anger you'll experience when the completely crushed package arrives and you must pay a huge customs fee!

(Seriously, I hope it arrives safely and you don't have to pay a huge customs fee.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeOberly wrote:
Thanks for this, Chris. I've been too busy to even look into this, but I think I had the same issue. I just completed the 'survey'. I appreciate your pointing this out.

Awesome - if I help even one person like Mike to avoid the heartache of waiting on the porch like a dog waiting for a master who will never return, it'll be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
MikeOberly wrote:

Awesome - if I help even one person like Mike to avoid the heartache of waiting on the porch like a dog waiting for a master who will never return, it'll be worth it.

Make that two...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have not received mine. Posted on the Kickstarter comments section and sent an email, still waiting for a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received mine today...I have to say, it looks great, and I already regret not getting the new versions of the first two games (I have the first editions). The new boards are a rather large improvement, and I love the Kickstarter extras. (Even as I don't love Kickstarter)

Should be soon for the rest of you who did the survey thing late like me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.