Subject: Rep. Robert Smalls boardgame? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T. Nomad
South Korea
Gyeongsan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a game either specifically about, or even mentioning Robert Smalls?

Quote:
Robert Smalls (April 5, 1839 – February 23, 1915) was an enslaved African American who, during and after the American Civil War, gained freedom and became a ship's pilot, sea captain, and politician. He freed himself, his crew and their families from slavery on May 13, 1862, by commandeering a Confederate transport ship, CSS Planter, in Charleston harbor, and sailing it from Confederate-controlled waters to the U.S. blockade. His example and persuasion helped convince President Lincoln to accept African-American soldiers into the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Smalls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the best chance was Rebel Raiders on the High Seas, but after checking the cards for a mention of Robert Smalls, I did not find him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Ludi
Australia
Fremantle
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Roll low!
badge
You are a paradox to me, a contradiction You're a predicament for me, and a prediction
mbmbmbmbmb
Woops, wrong smalls!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Smalls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Rep/'props' Derek Smalls?
HE prefers his 'Prizes' similar to his Women, with "BIG Bottoms of BOOTY" for either! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we talking about a custom scenario for The Ironclads or possibly a small game devoted to the topic?

A quickie scenario could be crafted using an existing ACW naval game at the tactical level.

A solitaire game about these events would be interesting and that might be something I could put together...

Is this an educational project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
South Korea
Gyeongsan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is this an educational project?

Nothing like that. A colleague with an interest in the man, who knew I gamed, asked if such a thing existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
HE prefers his 'Prizes' similar to his Women, with "BIG Bottoms of BOOTY" for either! arrrh

My goodness GROGnads, you always make me laugh out loud. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked thru all the cards in both For the People and Lincoln's War. Alas, no Smalls. He was certainly a bad-ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.