Specter Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about revealed traitor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John McClearly
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I had a question about a revealed traitor that is somewhat unclear in the rules. When the traitor reveals himself is he allowed to use equipment cards on his first turn after moving?

The rules say that the traitor moves, then selects an agent and equipment. But they also say that agents can use equipment before or after moving. I was thinking this means that they can use equipment but only if they use it after their movement. They would still have to place their newly chosen agent on the board if they end their movement within line of sight of a hunter or something along those lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether he chooses to reveal or is discovered, this happens on the hunter's turn. The way I read that paragraph, he gets to immediately move (4 spaces) and that is all. Then, he picks a character and equipment. I don't feel that the rules suggest that he gets an entire free turn when he reveals. Just a free move.

As soon as the hunters' turn ends, he gets a full turn, and is free to use equipment, powers, and move as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vlesperance wrote:
Whether he chooses to reveal or is discovered, this happens on the hunter's turn. The way I read that paragraph, he gets to immediately move (4 spaces) and that is all. Then, he picks a character and equipment. I don't feel that the rules suggest that he gets an entire free turn when he reveals. Just a free move.

As soon as the hunters' turn ends, he gets a full turn, and is free to use equipment, powers, and move as normal.

This is the way we interpreted and played it as well, and it seemed to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.