Hide
4 Posts

Codex: Card-Time Strategy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrade and Buildings: When can you use their abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Man
msg tools
I would assume that any tapping ability is not available until next turn. Other abilities like unit bonuses from buildings I would think take immediate effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharpo Bject
United States
flag msg tools
That's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's exactly right.

I found this a bit confusing coming from an MtG background, where lands and artifacts can be tapped the turn you play them (only creatures have summoning sickness). But in Codex, all cards have arrival fatigue (except those with haste): heroes, units, upgrades, buildings. I realised I was wrong when I saw the blue upgrade with haste, Eyes of the Chancellor:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Specific reference is on Page 17 of the core set rulebook:
Quote:
All card types have arrival fatigue, which means the turn they come under your control, they can’t use abilities that require exhausting as part of the cost. If they are units or heroes, it means they also can’t attack the turn they come under your control. If a card has haste though, it CAN attack and use exhaust abilities the turn it comes under you control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.