Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a hunch on how to rule this but I wish to double check.

Let's say I have an Elite character X with Move 6. It's standing next to an enemy and I want to move it 6 spaces away. Ok, the enemy gets to make a free attack once I leave its "zone of control" (which might not be the first step), potentially dealing 1 damage.

What if this "attack of opportunity" drops my character's stats to the Veteran level? My character X's Move on Veteran level is 5.

Do the new stats take effect immediately? I'm guessing I can rethink my move at that point (especially since I can no longer move to the square I originally wanted to). This ruling should be doubly interesting for eg. characters with Charge ability.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Northburns wrote:
I have a hunch on how to rule this but I wish to double check.

Let's say I have an Elite character X with Move 6. It's standing next to an enemy and I want to move it 6 spaces away. Ok, the enemy gets to make a free attack once I leave its "zone of control" (which might not be the first step), potentially dealing 1 damage.

What if this "attack of opportunity" drops my character's stats to the Veteran level? My character X's Move on Veteran level is 5.

Do the new stats take effect immediately? I'm guessing I can rethink my move at that point (especially since I can no longer move to the square I originally wanted to). This ruling should be doubly interesting for eg. characters with Charge ability.

Thanks!

That's a great question, and the answer is not clear in the rules. I'll make sure to update that. The free immediate attack interrupts the movement action. If a character is damaged and their level reduced, they can complete their action, but with their reduced attributes. If the level reduction would cause a character to lose the action they were taking (say, for example, Charge), they can no longer take the action. And in that case, they would immediately stop because the player would have declared a Charge action rather than a Move action before beginning their movement (they couldn't turn the Charge into a Move after losing a point of health and having their level reduced).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer!

Ok, the rules seem clear now. The "lost ability invalidates rest of execution" sounds logical and follows ruling on immediate level reduction, but I don't think I would have thought that

All the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Northburns wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer!

Ok, the rules seem clear now. The "lost ability invalidates rest of execution" sounds logical and follows ruling on immediate level reduction, but I don't think I would have thought that

All the best!

No problem. I'll make sure to work with the publisher to make sure that's clear in the final rulebook.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YH Low
Singapore
flag msg tools
Swords & Stationery
badge
Swords & Stationery
mbmbmb
Speaking of publisher, is there an estimated release date for the published version of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lowyhong wrote:
Speaking of publisher, is there an estimated release date for the published version of the game?

Nothing set in stone. I'm still working with the developers at MAGE on some final tweaks to the game. Basically just a few last changes to make sure it's as good as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.