Richard Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the photos and reading the AARs, there is mention of a time-lapse roll and you can see a time track. I haven't seen or heard a mention on what they are. Is each turn variable time or something? Can someone explain the mechanic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinetree wrote:
Looking at the photos and reading the AARs, there is mention of a time-lapse roll and you can see a time track. I haven't seen or heard a mention on what they are. Is each turn variable time or something? Can someone explain the mechanic?

At the end of a turn you make a die roll to determine how much time has passed during that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Denson
United States
Palestine
Texas
flag msg tools
Richard,

At the end of each game turn the attacking player will make a die roll and refer to the Time Lapse Table to determine how much time has passed for that Game Turn. It will vary between 1 to 4 minutes, averaging 2.25 minutes per turn. Time can also affect Mortar Support Availability and when Platoon Leader Casualties are replaced.

But primarily time is a factor in determining victory. Victory is based on the time required to complete a mission and the Casualty Differential between both sides. Each Mission has a victory level; Example: Attacker wins if Final Score is 0-25, a draw if 26-35 and a loss if 36+.

Final Score is defined as total Time Lapse plus the Casualty Differential where each casualty is +/- 3. Example: If Total Time was 20 minutes and the attacker suffered one more casualty than the Defender, the Final Score would be 23. If the Defender suffered one more than the Attacker, the Final Score would be 17.

Hope this was Helpful.

Mike Denson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds great. Looking forward to getting this one. Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.