3 Posts

Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Original Series» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe Montoya
msg tools
Sorry of this is answered before.

So when playing the game and I can see a mission I can complete how does this work.

Do I move my cards to my starship so I can see what my stats are and then complete the mission? But then can I still use the XP points to buy stuff from the starbase as my cards are not on the bridge.

Sorry just confused by this.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards in your bridge are in your starship.

You just need to use an explore (you get one free per turn) or a mission explore (you get these by "flipping" cards from the space deck).

Then you may continue to do others things, such as buy cards from starbase, as long as a card from the space deck doesn't force your turn to be over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an already face-up mission requires certain quantities of XP, Diplomacy, or whatever, you can just claim the mission once you have played the requisite cards to the table. You arrange the cards in your bridge however you like, including lining them up with your ship to add up stats, but they're all considered in your bridge once you've played them to the table (unless discarded for some reason, of course).

You can choose what order to play cards, explore, make a purchase, etc. However, the results of a mission (usually after failure) may impede further actions or even end the turn abruptly. So, consider the sequence of events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.