13 Posts

Last Blitzkrieg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Allied Reinforcment Dec 18 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc Oc
United States
flag msg tools
If Bastogne and Senochamps are occupied by German units can the 101st still deploy w/i five hexes of these occupied hexes???

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Nope, as per the OOA:

The location chosen must not contain a German unit. Ignore Out of Command Radius units, Unprepared units, HQs and Combat Trains. Units can be placed in any hex that does not contain a German unit (of any type or situation) nor an EZOC.

If it is occupied by one of the 'ignore' units, you can still use the location, but if you can't ignore the German there, then you have to enter elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Oc
United States
flag msg tools
I thought so!!

Great game by the way!!

I love the mechanics, and after a while you can breeze through an activation pretty quickly.
or moves
Also on the fatigue role, a division that just barrages need not role for fatigue correct??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Brower
United States
Solon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Doc,

Firing a barrage requires the target to be in an OBJ Zone. Placing an OBJ requires a Fatigue roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Oc
United States
flag msg tools
Understood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Oc
United States
flag msg tools
Dean,

Can a target hex, in a OBJ zone, than can be attacked by fire, be attacked by fire and then face a regular attack??

I have been using armor, to soften up exposed infantry and then have them regularly attack, is that a correct procedure??

I assume yes.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Brower
United States
Solon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Doc,
You are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Oc
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks, I know tanks cannot add their AR to a regular attack but can assist a regular attack even after using their two fire events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Brower
United States
Solon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Doc,
Yes they can. AV units are stopped after using their second Fire Event and they can still assist a regular attack. (Or attack if they are Dual)

There is one case where they could not be used to assist a regular attack. If the AV unit uses its last fire event in a stopping engagement that does NOT remove the real AV ZOC then the unit is finished and can only spot for barrages.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Oc
United States
flag msg tools
Right!

Failure to remove the AV EZOC will not allow it to assist the attack only spot for a possible barrage attempt. But the target hex can still have an attempt against it to remove the AV EZOC by another AV unit, the first unit is still stopped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Brower
United States
Solon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Doc,

But the target hex can still have an attempt against it to remove the AV EZOC by another AV unit, the first unit is still stopped.

We need Dean to weigh in on this last. I believe that when the AV unit conducting the Stopping Engagement fails to remove the AV EZOC that unit is Finished. And that state remains for the rest of the Formation Activation.

Another AV unit could not remove the Finish by driving the enemy unit away. If in fact the second unit did not remove the AV EZOC it would be Finished also.

My apology if you meant "finished" instead of "stopped" in the your last sentence copied above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Oc
United States
flag msg tools
you are correct, I meant finish and only occur in real AV EZOCs.

From the rules 6.0i

The STOP requirement for the AV
EZOC is waived if all the units providing
the AV EZOCs in the hex are eliminated by
a) destroying the providing unit, b) causing
the providing unit to Retreat, or c) Dropping
Support, as applicable.
If, however, the moving stack fails to do
this in a Real AV EZOC, the STOP converts
into a Finished.

So finishes only occur in real AV EZOCs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Brower
United States
Solon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.