Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm sure this is compatible .. Is the art diffrent or cards diffrent colors .? I know the base game is labeled 2nd eddition and so is the newest expansion soon to come out .. I don't see any unboxing video for this one so I have no clue and help would be appriciated . Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's compatible with both editions, because the cards in Archfiends are never shuffled together with the cards from the base game. The art and cards are slightly different from both versions of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to know . Wil another eddition be coming to ks soon? I hate to get the game and a new eddition hits ks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
We're literally just delivering the 2nd Ed base game now.
If we jump right into a 3rd Ed base game,
A) I'll be ecstatic, because it'll mean we sold out of several thousand copies of product in DAYS, and
B) That "3rd Ed" will be almost identical to 2nd Ed, because I'll have had no time to come up with further improvements on the product.

So worry not! 2nd Ed will be a worthwhile product for a goodly while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
A) I'll be ecstatic, because it'll mean we sold out of several thousand copies of product in DAYS, and
B) That "3rd Ed" will be almost identical to 2nd Ed, because I'll have had no time to come up with further improvements on the product.

no sure if poster above meant this, but...

plans for a second edition for archfiends? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
karishi wrote:

no sure if poster above meant this, but...

plans for a second edition for archfiends? thanks

There is currently not a plan for that. I'll be looking at Archfiends and continuing to mark up ideas for how a 2nd Edition Archfiends would look, and then if the sales figures warrant it I'll be ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I ment a 2nd edition for archfiends. To follow suit with the new eddition I jut got .. u would buy if they did a ks .. so I will hold off until they do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skazz of Discworld
msg tools
mbmbmb
on some archfiends Cards some specific villagers Are mentioned to Be killed,for example the merchant. In the Second Edition of the base Game there Are no longer specific villagers but symbols. So is there any Chance that we might get some high-res pictures of the Cards with the names exchanged with the pictures??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hahn
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. If there are card with references to elements that no longer exist in 2nd edition, then that means the two sets are NOT compatible. Official ruling on this please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Midian2000 wrote:
Good point. If there are card with references to elements that no longer exist in 2nd edition, then that means the two sets are NOT compatible. Official ruling on this please?

The only card that has had a name change is Priest, which is now called Pilgrim.
If any cards from Archfiends specify the Priest, target the Pilgrim instead.

If any cards from Archfiends refer to Quick cards (at least one of the Titles does) treat those as referring to "Cards without the [Epic] trait" instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.