Last Will» Forums » General

Subject: How many rounds for a 2p game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Hello,

Yesterday a played my first game of Last Will at 2p.

We played with 70 money and by the fourth round we were over. Is it normal? I feel like I might have missed a rule or something.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If memory serves, the numbers of rounds do not change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Flaviorbs wrote:

If you go bankrupt, you can finish before the 7th round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
Flaviorbs wrote:

Of course, man. That is obvious. You asked if the number of rounds changes in a 2p game. It does not. It's 7 rounds if you play with 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players. And, of course, if you achieve the goal of the game before the 7th round, the game will end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Flaviorbs wrote:
Badigel wrote:
Flaviorbs wrote:

Of course, man. That is obvious. You asked if the number of rounds changes in a 2p game. It does not. It's 7 rounds if you play with 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players. And, of course, if you achieve the goal of the game before the 7th round, the game will end.

What I meant in my question was - is it normal to go bankrupt so early with 70 money in a 2p game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know about normal, but it's certainly possible. Especially if your opponent is letting you have an easy time of it, which is more likely on a first play.

Without a session report, it's impossible to say whether there might have been rules you got wrong. I'd suggest playing a few more times to see if this outcome is likely for you, and reporting the game in more detail if you're still concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Robbins
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game a lot and if I start with $70 the game will almost always go 5 rounds or fewer so I would say this is pretty normal, especially once you get more experienced. I don't think I've noticed a huge difference between player counts though. I think a 4 player game is nearly just as likely to end early as a 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.