Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in the regular Viticulture forum, but apparently nobody's checking those anymore since the Essential Edition has been released

So, copy/paste:

----

So, I got the Complete Edition of Viticulture (2nd Edition) and Tuscany, during its KS in 2014.

a couple of weeks ago, I purchased the Essential Upgrade pack for several reasons. The property cards and the fact that all the visitors cards had the same layout. No more advanced or titles is cursive, all had the same look and the unnecessary visitors were already removed.

I unsleeved all my Complete Edition visitors and replaced them with the ones from the Upgrade pack. We haven't played it since.

Yesterday we wanted to play a game of Viticulture again and I noticed something strange. All the original vine and wine order cards were still flat, like they were unused (but in reality have been played with like 30 times). The new visitors deck (from the Upgrade pack) were all incredibly warped, which had never been played with yet. I checked the original visitors cards (that I stored in the Tuscany box) and surely they were all flat as well.

Were the cards from the Upgrade pack or Essential Edition a different quality?
Just checking if anyone else who had the 2nd Edition and also bought the Upgrade Pack (for whatever reason) has the same issue? Or someone who has the Essential Edition can verify if their cards are warped as well?

Because I use the Order and Vine cards from the original 2nd edition and the visitor cards from the Essential Upgrade pack now the difference is quite shocking...

(NOTE: we don't keep the cards in hand. after drawing cards, we have them on the table next to our player mat and only pick them up, when we need to play a card or need to discard at end of year)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All mini cards in all editions of Viticulture are made from the exact same cardstock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my cards--vines, visitors, orders, etc. were warped to a degree upon arrival. This wasn't a problem initially. But upon adding the Moor Visitors, which were warped in the opposite direction from the EE visitors, the visitors decks inevitably splay over at the slightest tip of a reaching hand. It's been mildly annoying, but they've all flattened out a bit with play. And I've mitigated the problem by not placing the entire deck of visitors on the stacks at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Prestoe
England
flag msg tools
Yep all my cards in the essential edition were warped, after being left in the box between games, for about a month. They were all fine when new though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so I can get clarity on this, are we talking about permanent-damage warped or "if I bend them a little bit they're fine" warped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith romstad
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my essential edition and they were warped, but not much more than a normal deck of cards is when you pull it out fresh. You can bend the cards back into straight... but there are a lot of cards... and I'm not sure they will stay as I've only had it for 2 days! Wonderful game by the way... although I'm sure you know that already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.