$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.7% of Goal | left

Support:

John Fleming
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools

I just purchased the game, and it comes with a good 8-page multi-colored rulebook.

However on BGG I noticed a v2.pdf rulebook posted in the "Files" section, and I thought to compare them. They're similar, but not identical.

The physical rulebook contains 7 Q/A pairs on page 8 -- the v2.pdf contains 5 pairs.

The physical rulebook states that in Step 2 of your turn you move the counting marker, and in Step 3 you collect training treats. The v2.pdf mentions the same steps, but has them occurring in the opposite order.

(This is of concern, for while the rules don't appear overly complicated it does seem essential that game actions be taken in proper sequence.)

Designer, please help -- are we to go by the physical rulebook or the v2.pdf rulebook?

Thank you -- John

PS -- There may be other rule differences other than those I mention here. Once I spotted the dissimilarities, I thought it best to inquire of the designer rather than tabulate all the differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
canaras wrote:

The physical rulebook states that in Step 2 of your turn you move the counting marker, and in Step 3 you collect training treats. The v2.pdf mentions the same steps, but has them occurring in the opposite order.

(This is of concern, for while the rules don't appear overly complicated it does seem essential that game actions be taken in proper sequence.)

In the printed rules, one of the questions relates to the Step 2/3 thing...

Quote:

Q. Haven't I seen Agility played where resources are collected before the action is taken?

A. Possibly. We experimented with this during play testing, but decided it was more intuitive to take the action first. It makes little difference provided you're consistent, so feel free to choose whichever order suits you, so long as they remain Steps 2 and 3 of your turn.

Based on that answer, I imagine the printed rules are more recent than the ones posted here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
Man, I love this game!

I just finished my third game right now and it was awesome! My opponent kept using the rush action to mess up my plans but I was able to use my flex tokens effectively and took the win! Excellent little game with puzzly gameplay, tons of interaction and doggie meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
Wister wrote:
Man, I love this game!

I just finished my third game right now and it was awesome! My opponent kept using the rush action to mess up my plans but I was able to use my flex tokens effectively and took the win! Excellent little game with puzzly gameplay, tons of interaction and doggie meeples.

There are so many decisions to chew on. It's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fleming
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools

Nim -- Perhaps you're right. Although the v2.pdf rules were posted less than a year ago (Oct 3, 2015), so it's not as if they're completely out of date.

Well perhaps the developer will chime in on this. It would be good to know which set of rules to follow.

(Oh, and a kind suggestion for Ozzy and Dundy -- Your enthusiasm is commendable, but unfortunately not applicable to the rulebook question that's the topic of this post.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edelberg wrote:

Nim -- Perhaps you're right. Although the v2.pdf rules were posted less than a year ago (Oct 3, 2015), so it's not as if they're completely out of date.

Well perhaps the developer will chime in on this. It would be good to know which set of rules to follow.

(Oh, and a kind suggestion for Ozzy and Dundy -- Your enthusiasm is commendable, but unfortunately not applicable to the rulebook question that's the topic of this post.)

Some people will whine about anything, won't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Povis
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
canaras wrote:

I just purchased the game, and it comes with a good 8-page multi-colored rulebook.

However on BGG I noticed a v2.pdf rulebook posted in the "Files" section, and I thought to compare them. They're similar, but not identical.

The physical rulebook contains 7 Q/A pairs on page 8 -- the v2.pdf contains 5 pairs.

Designer, please help -- are we to go by the physical rulebook or the v2.pdf rulebook?

Thank you -- John

PS -- There may be other rule differences other than those I mention here. Once I spotted the dissimilarities, I thought it best to inquire of the designer rather than tabulate all the differences.

Hey John, guys, sorry I missed this. The print rulebook is more current, if different in only the respect you've illuminated: action first, then training treats. If you prefer the other way, that's great too, just keep it consistent so the order of operations is clear when those rare times arise that it has an impact on decision making.

Basically, we had played it treats first, then action in playtesting, but found folks thought it slightly more intuitive with action first, so we switched it.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.