Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Johnson
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any explanation for why creatures are not allowed to attack other creatures? Seems to me if I had a panther tracking me I'd want to unleash the tiger in my hand after it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A Hunter (like Cheetah, etc.) may be unleashed against any enemy. "Enemy" includes any target, including enemy Hunters, Sentinels, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Johnson
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creature rules
Ok. However, can a panther that has had a tiger unleashed on it fight the tiger if its target is a different character? I'm figuring you can't have an epic panther vs tiger battle without both being unleashed on the other. I feel like if a creature is attacked it should be able to fight back. If that's not the case, why was that design decision made? I'm curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the way combat works, it would be quite complex to have a rule that lets a Hunter attack enemies other than its target only in certain circumstances (e.g., if that target attacks it). There's no concept of "attacking back" or "counterattacking" in the game; each character just gets an attack and uses it as it chooses. The difficulty of implementing such a rule, and all of its consequences, is probably why it's not in the game. The design philosophy of DOA2 seems to be to keep the rules as simple as possible (but no simpler).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.