Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Not sure if I am doing this correctly so I wanted to ask.

If I have to move an AI unit and the choice is between two units (and let's say they all are equal thus I have to roll). The one selected has to move towards my unit but that puts that AI unit in the fire path of two units (vs one before the move) while the other AI unit that wasn't selected to move wouldn't increase the the number of units it is exposed to via fire, am I doing this correctly?

I doubt any hip an opponent would move a unit (vs firing) to get closer or did I miss a rule? Should I just override that move since it doesn't seem logical?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are asking about Move Towards, then you are playing correctly. Fire zone and number of Player units that can fire is not a criteria for choosing between two eligible AI units.

However, these are the type of situations for which I like to invoke Rule 42. But many players prefer to let the AI play out according to the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb

Quoting Rule 42, and trying to get the best gaming experience possible you might just need to override the AI sometimes, there again even human players make stupid mistakes sometimes - or at least I do blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend just letting the AI do it's thing as much as possible. You might think it's not being smart, but the fact that it mixes things up and isn't always predictable adds to the challenge, even if some of the moves seem sub optimal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.