$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 106.91

6,658 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42% of Goal | left

Support:

The Man
msg tools
With the latest WD, Chaos and Imperial Terminators can fight each other.

And I play this game with subs. So, is a squad of terminators with power fists (for the non-sergeants) balanced in relation to one where they have chainfists or claws?

And does a combi-bolter have a disadvantage compared to a heavy flamer, i.e. should your squad have one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Power Fist Termie is going to have trouble trying to take down another Termie. He rolls 3 dice (since PF doesn't add any), needing 2 hits + critical (to negate armour), else 3 hits vs 3 Stamina + 5 defense, not seeing that turning into a kill all that much.

Chainfist is a bit better in 1 vs 1, attacker rolls 4 dice vs 1 Stamina + 5 defense (assuming critical hit for attacker).

Claws is 6 dice, all about putting up a big number of hits, but still facing 3 stamina + 5 defense.

Power Fist on a Tactical Sergeant in a unit with two Tactical Marines makes Terminators weak in the knees (6+ dice, Vexilla I'm guessing to reroll since you have a "melee" Sergeant), but 1 vs 1, Terminators I'd think tend to end up as slapping contests until someone gets that right roll.

Combibolter rolls fewer dice, but has no range limitation. Granted, 3 range on a Terminator is effectively four range, so not all that bad. Combibolter CE is IMO far more valuable than the HF CE, opponent really has to allow you to do those flamer shifts, just keeps units not adjacent, HF CE does nothing. HF's dmg potential is better, but again, Terminators going 1 vs 1, they can't really do dmg to each other with shooting either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
Is there any way, perhaps against other troop types, where a power fist is as good, or better, than a chainfist or claws?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Fist does take down Tacticals pretty nice. But then, single Terminator can hold his own almost indefinitely against a three man Tactical squad barring Vexilla and/or Command Cards buffing dice.

Terminators, having bulk 2 and being unable to team up with each other (Termie with 1 Tactical isn't a whole lot better for melee, unless you slap a melee Sarge or Vexilla into his unit). However, if you can pack the dice, Captain Aethon goes down pretty nice, 6 armor -> 0 armor with a PF CE. Sor Gharax also has some high armor values, unfortunately, he also has decent Stamina; it's mostly matching Stamina that a Terminator struggles with due to their low dice and inability to group up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.