7,500 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Daniel Maier
Germany
flag msg tools
hey there,

i love the Fate and Event cards from this Game, where you draw a card and it tells you how the Game Progresses ...positive and negative.

Moving enemys, survivors getting ill, military incoming, more zombies, such things.

So i am searching for Games with this mechanic.
I Think arkham horror has such an mechanic for example.

with regards

Gwildor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Eldritch Horror (smoother mechanics than Arkham Horror) or even Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition (now App. driven)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd second Eldritch Horror, and I'd also recommend Robinson Crusoe.

I'm a big fan of these two games, and I also now love Dawn of the Zeds (just bought third edition 10 days ago and already played it 7 times)

Also Dead of Winter has a similar mechanic (with the crossroad cards you draw at the start of each player's round)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the same publisher Darkest Night with expansions... great game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
collezionista wrote:
From the same publisher Darkest Night with expansions... great game!!!

Or better yet, wait for Darkest Night second edition (recently finished its kickstarter campaign). It's got all the expansions built in, additional content and better components.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/193670/darkest-night-sec...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And I think the pledge manager is still opened for late pledge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We call this the "evil happens" deck in all the games that have one. just remember that some games do this every TURN and other games do it every ROUND and its very important to know which is which.

From my collection...

Arkham Horror (and all of the related games)

Police Precinct (an Arkham lite themed to cops really)

Robinson Crusoe - with the added benefit of them coming back to haunt you a 2nd time

And Sorta depending on how loosely:

Sentinels of the Multiverse - the villain deck and environment deck both flip a card every turn, but the many card interactions make it not as clean as a standard evil happens deck.

Battlestar Galactica/ Dead of Winter - give you tasks to handle every round and results if you pass/fail.

pandemic/forbidden island/forbidden desert - all have 2+ cards being drawn at the end of each turn to determine where bad thing happen. Not quite as thematic, but the same overall feel.

pandemic legacy - not only has the standard 2+ card flip every turn, but adds another deck with a few cards flipped before or after games that set the story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuene
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most similar game IMO is also a wargame:
Codeword Cromwell: The German Invasion of England, 8 June 1940
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.