6,710 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Derek B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want to use Thror's Map action to take a location in the staging area and make it the active location but the current active location is Ruins of Dale which is " immune to player card effects " is this allowed ?
As the "card effect " is not directly targeting Ruins of Dale.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be wrong, but I think this is one of those cases where it's possible to end up with more than one active location. A bit like Into The Pit (Khazad Dum) where if you begin with the East Gate and draw Dreadful Gap during the staging step.

I think you would just move the 2nd location to the active area & just have to explore both locations before you can travel again. But I'm not 100% sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks that is an interesting interpretation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually came up on the FFG forums:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/229251-stride...

And there was an official response from Caleb in that thread confirming that Strider's Path would work that way: it would make the first location active, then try to return the second location to the staging area. That would fail, and you'd end up with two active locations.

Therefore, Thror's Map (which works identically to Strider's Path except for its timing -- Strider's Path is a Response, while Thror's Map is an Action during the Travel phase) would also work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.