Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Walker
United States
Great Falls
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Note: I have watched the game played and watched a rules explanation, but have not played yet.

I know that trotting out variant ideas can sometimes be irritating, so this is more of a conversation starter.

One complaint I have heard is that the luck of the card draw can leave you with mostly grey cards or a bad hand. What if all the cards in the deck were multicolored? Would that ruin game balance, or would it increase flexibility and put the focus more on the individual abilities of the card roles, since it would be easier to make sets?

Example: Instead of just a solid green card, all green cards would be two (or more) colors.

One problem with this is that it would make it way too easy to add to existing villages.

But, then again, maybe this isn't a problem because you don't gain any bonuses from complete "sets" (villages) at the end of the game; you only count the gold from individual cards (with bonuses from the King, etc.).

Just some thoughts on how to solve the suck luck of the draw issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but really, play it first. It is a very short and quick game and the scenario you describe (aside being the standard problem for every card game on earth)happens once in a blue fullmoon night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.