Hugo Tremblay
Canada
Chicoutimi
QC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This came up in our first game during a combat:

"If you fail, you and the weapon are knocked aside"

I can't find anything about being "knocked aside" in the rules reference. Is this just flavour text or am I supposed to drop my weapon/suffer any other penalty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rule flavor text unless it's explicitly stated you need to drop your weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely flavor text. The app is very specific if items are to be dropped/discarded/etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur. Anything that doesn't use the words "drop" or "discard" with reference to items is merely flavour text. Remember that dropping and discarding are different things too (dropped things go in your space and can be picked up later while discarded things go back to the deck).

Similarly, any action that moves you will use the words "move" or "place" and will refer to a particular number of spaces or a particular location.

If you are in doubt about whether something is flavour or not, look up the word or term in the RRG. If it's not in there, then it's almost certainly flavour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
This is a good point and having key terms highlighted in the flavor text dialogue box would serve to make the distinction clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.